MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Foggy Thursday

logcabinmama

Brightblessings: Time for hot cocoa? I don't think we will have any snow this year.

Today: Laundry, put away Christmas lighted village, brown big batch of hamburger I got at Costco and bag it up in portions to freeze. Might as well fry up bacon to freeze while I'm at it.

I am SO excited about getting new lighting in the kitchen next Tuesday. The originals (early 1960s) have totally pooped out except for one bulb so it's like working in a cave. We could replace the gizmo inside that is causing the lightbulbs to burn out but I really don't like those old light fixtures. The glass broke in one so it's even more charming but that's the one where neither light bulb works. So next week I'll bet I'll be scrubbing down the kitchen because I'll be able to see!!!

It is snowing here, and the river valley is foggy and white. We still don't have more than 5mm of snow. The temperature this morning when I left was -10 degrees celcius. It is strange how cold that seems...when we have had months of -35 degree weather. We've become wimps!

Anyway, I don't know what I am doing this evening, beyond making supper for Kev. He should be making supper for me, I think. He does have a 4.5 day weekend, after all. Oh well. He did make the main part of supper on Monday, and it turned out quite nicely.

~Jo

Archived