MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh where, oh where should we visit next??

Guest Guest

We'll be home the end of Sept. Jet lag is about a week, since we're 16 hours ahead of you. The medical world said to figure one day per time zone change. I'm never patient in that category though. grin.gif

We have one Sunday at our church, then visit another church. The third Sunday will be in Indianapolis. The fourth Sunday will be in Colorado Springs with HCJB World Radio.

The two big projects we *think* we may be assigned to are opposite sides of the world. Don't know if we get a vote in the choice. We should know by Thanksgiving.

The first project is in a land where they say, "Gi-day there, mate." They have these cute animals that jump on their back feet, carry their kids in their pocket, and the parents are shaped like pears.

The second project is high in the Andes Mountains. They eat lots of rice and corn there. A volcano is currently active and keeps throwing around lava and ash. The people are very loving, hospitable, and wear very bright colors. They also speak Spanish. wink.gif

------------------

homest.jpg

Oh Homey, if they gave me a choice of the two I'd have to draw from a hat to see where I was going. The language and similar cultures would be hard to pass up and yet how often do you get a chance to live in the Andes with such a different culture!

The active volcano might make me put 2 slips of paper in the hat for the land down under though. grin.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

Hey Homey I was going to email you but can't remember if I did. Do I keep sending money to your account even when your home if I have extra??? I suppose I should since you're headed out again. Will send it when I have extra. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Di - I didn't receive an email from you.

Even when we're home, we're not really home, cause we don't have a home. grin.gif

We don't draw on the money at HCJB World Radio unless we need it. They hold it for us in our own missionary account. Any money you send will be credited to our account.

I'm voting for Quito, Ecuador. They have regular flights to Australia, and I can go to a zoo anytime and see a Kangaroo. I haven't seen mankind tame a volcano yet. grin.gif

------------------

homest.jpg