MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sending stuff to soldiers...

vickiesmom

If you look under Darleen's post about anysoldier.com, soldier's have signed up to receive packages, and you can obtain their name and address. I think a lot of those young men and women don't get many packages.

We also have some soldier's in harms way that are family members of some of the members of Mrs. S. It looks like we need an update on those who have family over there.

When I was a baby, just playing with paper and pencils, I would write to my cousin Bobby in Vietnam, but all I could write were the letters NYN. I would cover the entire paper with NYN. When my cousin came home from Vietnam he said he was so happy to receive the NYN letters that he would show them around to his friends just as if I had written some heart warming stuff. Of course my parents had mailed my letters with theirs, but those three letters NYN would cheer him up, and he was in the middle of battle. So, don't think you have nothing to offer a soldier. For years his combat buddies would ask, "How's NYN?" It became my nickname. LOL

Archived