MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introductions

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

With so many new friends I thought it was time for me to reintroduce myself. It has been a few years since I have done this and many things in my life has changed.

My Name is Westbrook, Wes or Westie for short. I have one of those oh so common first names so this just makes it much easier.

I have 7 children with a 20 year age span (what was *I* thinking!). Many of you may not remember me but perhaps remember my slave son stories. They are now gone (yippie! - the house to myself! almost.) one son has decided to go into the Army and the other son is going to college to pursue his dream of becoming a doctor. He has everything to become his dream but lacks the maturity. We will see. My daughter is 14 now and well, what can you say about a 14 year old girl with emotions and hormones raging! (4 more years...4 more years...4 more years, my new mantra). My other 4 children are living in California, Arizona, Texas and Virginia. I am a Grandmother of 3.

I have a DH (the "D" doesn't stand for dear!) that I adore and even after all these years and kids, still get butterflies when he drives up the driveway. I am in love with my husband.

We have a small farm raising, gaots, sheep, rabbits, turkeys, chickens and dogs. I do organic gardening of vegetables, fruits and a few fragrant flowers scattered around. I rasie red wiggler worms named Fred under the rabbits and along with all my compost I am able to turn this desert farm into a lush green growing environment. I follow the three "R's" - Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!

I love cooking and collect cookbooks, aprons and cast iron cookware. I love to put up everything I grow and there is nothing like opening the cupboard and seeing the jars sparkling in the cupboard and know that I made that!

wes

Westie!!! (Can I call you that??)

You are simply living the life I hope to one day achieve right down to various practical animals and free space. Oh, I'm not saying it's not tough living with massive chores...I'm just looking at my apartment in deep Miami and ...sighhhhiiinggg. Wistfully. My Mantra is someday, someday. Enjoy now for the good things I have.

I laughed out loud over the *hormonely challenged* teen daughter.

Been there, did that, created gray hairs for my mother while

rolling my eyes and wearing inappropriate tee-shirts. (I am going to end up calling my Mom tonight and reminding her I love her..aren't I?).

Your life sounds very good as do you. Thanks for the visual imagery of you, your life and home. CooOOOOooool.

The wistful Cookie

Hi Ya Westie!!!!

(i picked Westie from your list)

I've seen you here for a while and knew you had a farm. But i didn't know all the cool details! Mom to 7? How wonderful!

What a full and interesting life you have!

We all learn alot from you!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Guest Guest

Thank you westbrook for taking the time to share a little about yourself.

I always love *hearing* about the different people there...many times we don't realize all that is behind just a *name*...

((((((westbrook))))))

------------------

d5.jpg