MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Please, a little minute of your time?

PureCajunSunshine

Please excuse the repost, but I'm hoping I didn't create a dinosaur forum here at MrsSurvival? cry I'm STILL trying to entice a few volunteers to go into the new forum (The Best of MrsSurvival), and to please let me know if navigating the forum and learning how to nominate a thread for voting is easy / difficult.

Couldya please give it a looksee, when you have time?

Repost:

The new forum, The Best of MrsSurvival Forum, is getting ready for it's maiden voyage, but needs to try out her sails first...

If you know of a really good thread, I sure could use your help!

I'm looking for a few volunteers to go aboard, look around, see how to nominate a favorite thread for The Best of MrsSurvival Awards, then go ahead and do it! (There are already a few nominated threads in there, placed by volunteers that ventured in there before you, in the last couple of weeks.)

Please tell me what you think, either here, or in a private PM, or in the 'suggestion box' in the forum.

What I'd especially like to know, how easy/hard are the instructions? How easy/hard is it to navigate the forum?

TIA!!

Just went in and made a few nominations.

I have a few suggestions to make it easier to mine for gold in the forums. I find that I need to keep multiple windows open at the same time to make my new post faster and more accurate.

I'm using IE 7; I don't know how this would translate for other browsers, but here's what I'm doing. I have at least four "tabs" or "windows" or what have you open simultaneously to Mrs. S.

1. Demo nomination form to cut/paste the EZ nomination form.

2. Best of Mrs. S. forum to access the "new thread" button.

3. Discussion Forum open to surf for possible nominations.

4. Window open to the posting form I'm working on.

I don't know how "easy" this is, I've found that this is what I have to do when working on a new nomination.

Say I have been surfing for possible threads to nominate. I have a working window open to do that. Then when I find something, I right-click on the title, and copy it. Then I need to open the nomination forum and click on new post. When the posting form comes up, I can paste the link to the nominated thread.

However, the link doesn't list the main forum and sub forum titles, so I have to refer back to my other open window for that. I can't cut and paste, so I find myself rechecking for long titles.

I then have to open the demonstration form so that I can copy/paste the part explaining the stars into my nomination post.

I go back to the tab where my new post is, finish the form; add comments and hit post.

I don't know if I'm unnecessarily complicating matters; it's really not hard, just switching back and forth among several windows to get the job done.

So far as looking around the forums; I've found myself looking for the "hot topic" flames...I've been concentrating on threads with a number of replies...I figure I have a better chance of finding a thorough discussion of the topic that way...

Hope this helps...

Thanks (((Abi!!))) Wow @ the descriptives! Yes, it IS a bit of trouble, more so if one is pressed for time, or not familiar with the process...

I tried several ways to simplify matters as much as practical without losing the functionality of named links...

Hmmm...maybe it would be a good idea to offer a choice of two ways of nominating threads...

1. Nominate the thread, as per tutorial.

2. Or--easiest way--one could simply copy and paste the link and the title of the nominated thread onto a list (sticky)...and I could periodically sweep in there and do all the work of creating a nominating thread for each link listed....(But if I get pressed for time, or have 'too much on my plate', there's a possibility of having to wait a bit for me to do my part.)

I'll hafta give that a try!

Any more idearrs, suggestions?????

Archived