MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A book worth reading

Hillbillee

I bought several books a few weeks ago, preparing to make healthier changes in our diet.

This book caught my attention. I looked at it and wanted to get it. Than I looked at it again and put it back. I did this back and forth thing about 4 times and than just bought it with the other books, thinking to myself, I'll look it over, but I doubt I will really like it, it will be my least read of the four books I am buying.

I cracked the cover and everything changed. The other books are the least read and this one... Well, lets say, I love it, highly recommend it and even shared it with all my friends who bought their own copies and are reading it too.

I don't recall a book that has grabbed my attention and impressed me so much in many years.

One of the many things that impresses me about this book is that the author is not voicing her opinions and expecting you to follow them. She had a very unhealthy family and a husband who was dying, he was given 2 months to live. So she sought out a way to save her family and also the truth. Not someones opinion, not a fad, or idea, but the truth. she tells the lengths she went to, to find the truth and the research she did. Then she put her new knowledge into practice.

After she found the way to reverse all their health problems, she sought out a way to eat the foods that she fond down right detestable but so good for her body. She ended up making smoothies and making them so delicious that anyone would eat them and yet they are so good for you.

She shared her concoctions with others from all kinds of diets, including fast food junkies. They all loved them (Not one YUCK!), and they commented on how much better they felt from just the one sample she gave them.

Needless to say, I am VERY impressed and DH and I will start drinking these smoothies next week.

Most of my friends went to the library and asked the library to get this book and read it there before buying their own copy. So if you want to check it out first, check with your local library and ask them to locate the book and bring it to your library.

The book is called...

Green For Life By: Victoria Boutenko

I think you will be as impressed with this book as I am. DH and I don't think we will totally change our diet to hers, but we will be making major changes that direction, just not completely. Than again, who knows what we might do after we see the changes in our health.

Hill

Archived