MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

East Texas folks out there?

gypsykat

I would like to meet Mrs. Survival folks in the east Texas area (Tyler/Gilmer/Athens general area). I am looking for a small acreage (2-10 acres) to buy next month or so and would like to meet like-minded people and know my neighbors. As well, if you have any leads on land, let me know. Thanks a bunch and keep prepping..

Thank you Lele for responding to my inquiry. I had seen Lunamother's place posted here - and like many others- fell absolutely in love with it from the pictures. It fits a lot of my criteria - a spring on the property is such a plus! -but I am trying to pay as I go and be debt free so I can live the life I dream about.

East Texas has a lot of trees for logs and I will be building a log home. Finding the right property and all the criteria that goes along with it is very important. Fortunately, I have been told I will know it when I step on it or see it. You were most kind. Thanks.

That's great to know you're out there! Google says you're about 2 hours away. I am used to going out to Commerce for Texas A&M, so you're not much further.

I think I have scoured (online) the ads in the Tyler area. Some good leads, but still looking. So I started looking online in your area this week. From Dallas, it is all east... I am looking where there are trees on aerial, but I am flexible at this point. I just don't want to go too far south (hurricanes). Who knows where I'll end up...

When I go out that way to look around, maybe we can meet each other? Well, at least I wouldn't go home empty handed if I met a MS friend!

Archived