MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

TGIF !

Hello Ladies and TGIF!

I didn't have to work today, and got to try out my new grinding mill! I didn't want to open my big wheat bag, as I havent gotten all the stuff to pack it right yet. Sooooo.. I remembered that someone said white bean flour makes a good thickener for soups etc!

While I was grinding, (it was easy!) I had an idea... I added some spices to the flour and 2 eggs, and just browned it like hamburger...it was GREAT!! It really made a fine meat substitute! You could make meatballs or patties. If you used worcester and fried with onion and bellpepper strips you'd have a great fajita! You could also flavor the "meat" with poultry seasonings...

I am so excited about this, because I am worried about groceries prices going waaaay up, and, I like meat, but prefer to eat less of it.

Also...I seal-a-mealed a bunch of stuff this week, for the first time! I was so surprised at what a space saver it is!! I bought a few under the bed containers at a discount a few days ago, but they wouldn't fit under my bed! I took the wheels off the bedframe and raised the bed up a few inches on bricks. The containers fit just right now, and you'd never guess they were under there. I put my seal-a-meal stuff in one of the containers...WOW did alot of stuff fit in there...there is still room to spare!

I hope everyone has had a great week, and that this will be a blessed Mother's Day weekend for everyone!

Archived