MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Help a Deployed Soldier...foster his/her pet

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Our Humane Society is starting a program of fostering a soldier's pet while he/she is deployed. Apparently, some of the soldiers do not have family or friends who can care for their pet while they were gone, and the soldiers are having to turn in their beloved pets to the HS in hopes that it will be adopted. If you have room in your home and heart, please volunteer to foster a pet temporarily for a soldier. Happily, where we live, we have more volunteers than pets, but we are on the list to foster a dog if one comes in.

Guest Guest

boy, me too Debbielee. I've wanted to do something that can really make a difference, and taking care of a beloved pet/family member fits the bill. No way can I imagine parting permanently with Missy, if none of my family could care for her. Those who have known the special love relationship that goes with a pet, will understand. Ask Caveman. He had to pass my former dogs inspection before I would marry him.....and he passed with flying colors! Still funny! He was ill when he arrived here from Canada, and I put him to bed in my room, and I slept in the guest room. My dog would not leave his side (even to be with me) (except to go outside) until he was feeling better and was up and about.

Caveman had a cat that he adored, for 11 years. That cat understood that he was hard of hearing, and would tell him when the phone or the doorbell rang, of if his hearing aid was squealing. One day, she just disappeared, and he still grieves for his kitty, wondering what happened to her.

I think the least we can do is ensure that a soldier has his pet when he/she comes home from protecting our freedoms.

THere is just something so special about the love between us and our Fur babies....(big difference than people who just have "pets".)

What gifts they are!!

Hey They'd.....don't you hate it when that happens.....happens......happens.....hahhahhhaaaaaaaaa

This is such a great idea. I don't know if they are doing that around here or not.

We have two big dogs so wouldn't be able to do it myself, but am sure there are people around who would.

Our dogs will be 13 in Dec. and so are at the end of their life span, according to the vet. They say for a dog this size 10 - 12 years. It will be very hard to lose one of them, but since they are both the same age, I am sure they will go close to the same time.

Thank you, whoever you are who can and will take in one of these pets.