MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Murphy's Law Monday

Jori

You know those mornings when you know you should stay in bed? I wish I had one of those feelings this morning.

I hopped in the shower early because I knew I had things to do, as tired as I was. I was getting ready and I hear DD in hysterical tears & the episode woke up DS. Dh got up long enough to bring DD to me and get DS and bring him to where we had located and went back to bed. DH finally got up (hour plus after the alarm went off) and was running late so my car sat at the shop waiting to be picked up. I was washing whites with bleach while DS was sleeping, DD comes running to get the cap on the floor (Laundry closet is on second floor next to bedrooms) by stopping her, I ruined a good pair of jeans and have lovely bleach spots on the foyer carpet. Picked up car around lunchtime and tried to run a few errands with the kids. We were able to do 1 before the meltdowns started and we went home (at least we were a mile or so from home). Fed the kids and ran to finish the errands, only to hear "I have to go potty." She did and I was proud of her. Off to home, did a few things outside with the kids.....(translation, I was silly and tried to actually get into the garden with the 2 toddlers outside.) Few other things, DD had an accident on the recliner and then the kick in my pants. I grabbed the dehydrator so I can work on more herbs, it was in the box oddly and I dropped it and cracked the base where the heating element is from top to bottom. :shakinghead: It was a sad little dehydrator but it was quiet , did the job, and mine. I wanted a new one (so I could run 2 at a time) but was trying to wait until Christmas when my in-laws ask what I want.

The funny thing is I'm just rolling my eyes and laughing.

So I official call an end to this Monday and am going to bed.

Good night all,

Jori

This week, I sent my two youngest to brush their teeth while I finished up a few things on the computer. They were out of sight for just a few minutes when I started to smell something...odd

And it was not minty fresh breath.

Not willing to drop what I was doing (silly mommy) I shouted "What's that I smell?" To which the middle chil' replies "Tank's putting green stuff in his hair." Hmmm..? "What green stuff?" I ask. He trotted out and handed me a very goopy bottle of Aloe Vera, with a child proof cap!! Not a good thing, but not worthy of hysterics...except that it was NOT what I was smelling.At that point I had to concede that it was time to investigate.

I found Tank covered with goo, the bathroom sink slimed and... open bottles of baby oil, wart remover,and hair gel. It was the Compound W I was smelling...and he had it librally smeared into his hair. It's a wonder it didn't scald his scalp. It took me about 2 hours to get the child and his mess cleaned up - And I assure you, I was fuming and ranting the entire time!. I'm grateful nothing was injested.

OH...and for the record, both the boys' toothbrushes remained bone dry through the entire episode.

This week, I sent my two youngest to brush their teeth while I finished up a few things on the computer. They were out of sight for just a few minutes when I started to smell something...odd

And it was not minty fresh breath.

Not willing to drop what I was doing (silly mommy) I shouted "What's that I smell?" To which the middle chil' replies "Tank's putting green stuff in his hair." Hmmm..? "What green stuff?" I ask. He trotted out and handed me a very goopy bottle of Aloe Vera, with a child proof cap!! Not a good thing, but not worthy of hysterics...except that it was NOT what I was smelling.At that point I had to concede that it was time to investigate.

I found Tank covered with goo, the bathroom sink slimed and... open bottles of baby oil, wart remover,and hair gel. It was the Compound W I was smelling...and he had it librally smeared into his hair. It's a wonder it didn't scald his scalp. It took me about 2 hours to get the child and his mess cleaned up - And I assure you, I was fuming and ranting the entire time!. I'm grateful nothing was injested.

OH...and for the record, both the boys' toothbrushes remained bone dry through the entire episode.

You win!!! Thanks for brightening my day. My little guy just crawls into the sprinkler and looks at you like how dare you with a face dripping from being sprayed.

Archived