MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hill Country of TX

You all have given me a reason to get up and go to the library in the mornings! When I'm not working, I tend to get bored even when the scenery is great. I can't do much canning-no room to store much. I stopped on the way here this AM and talked to a young lady with a used stuff store. Her husband manages a rest. and needs help. It's not easy when I dnow I'm leaving soon and I feel I have to tell them. Hopefully I'll be able to work at different places whenever we come through all over the US. The towns wer'e in are too small for a photographer. I've done some slides of landscapes but I hven't been near a town with a regular photo lab yet.

We are in Canyon Lake in the hill country(looks like mountains to me) but I'm from FL and we can't count either! Stevie Rae has taken to the life of leisure quite well. She takes my husband out on patrol at 6:30 AM every morn rain or shine. She and I go exploring and see deer quite frequently. And yes, there is such a thing as too much togetherness. I am really glad my dh is working! I'm looking forward to working too.

We found a wonderful campground in AL called Isaacs Creek COE. and Pedrenales Falls in TX. Also a great state pk in Blanco TX. I definitely like traveling the best but it's also cool getting to know people in the small towns and we can't do that if we're always on the move. We got a 25 foot RV-thank God we didn't get a camper van- and it's big enough(except when it rains for several days) and yet still easy to drive. Not much storage of course but we do have my van as well. We don't tow it in the mountains so the motor on the RV isn't so strained. It looks good though it's a 1990 and we're happy with it.

I'm going with a local Church to sight see the State wildflower-bluebonnets on Fri. I'll let you know if I get a temp job.

Your best days are ahead!

Guest Guest

Nice to see you back here amongst us. I enjoyed reading about your adventures. I have wanted to go on the road like you did and just go where ever God took me and do what he wanted me to do there. But I have my homestead here and I love it. I can not see myself ever parting with it. I have fought too hard to keep it. So if I had to choose, I would choose here. For now anyway. Who know what the future holds.

Sure would love to see some of your pictures you have taken. Could you post some here for us to see some time?

Hill

Hi Ya Snappie!

Ooooo your adventure sounds like fun!I'm glad Stevie Rae is enjoying herself! Good thing you guy's don't get car sick.

That Hill country sound beautiful!Are you sticking around there long or heading further up north as the summer gets hotter?

Best wishes on that job....and have a great tour!

xox

deb