MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sandstorm and rain good thing

I got this in my e-mail the other day and just had to put it here.

"Something from one of my military contacts.

Sandstorms

I am sure that all of you heard about the sandstorm in Iraq, the second Tuesday and Wednesday of the war (the worst in 100 years some say), and the drenching rain that followed the next day. Our troops were bogged down and couldn't move effectively.

The media was already wondering if the troops were in a "quagmire" and dire predictions of gloom and doom came from the left wing media.

What they didn't report was that yesterday, after the weather had cleared, the Marine group that was mired the worst looked out at the plain they were just about to cross, and what did they see? Hundreds if not thousands of antitank and antipersonnel mines had been uncovered by the wind and then washed off by the rain.

If they had proceeded as planned, many lives would have undoubtedly been lost. As it was, they simply drove around them and let the demolition teams destroy them.

Praises be to His mighty name! Thank you God, for protecting our young men and women!

One person once asked George Washington if he thought God was on his side.

His reply is reported to be, "It is not that God should be on our side, but that we be on His."

P.S. In God we trust!"

Guest Guest

I heard this on KTIS, our local Christian radio station...it sure is great, isn't it! I'm getting excited, because even though the war isn't over, it seems as if the worst has passed...I hope...

• 3 weeks later...

This testimony has been put into a song by Alan Asbury called "Somebody's praying me through". He performed this song at The National Day of Prayer ceremony in Washington DC just last week. Brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it....Surely God answers prayers!