MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm not often speechless but.....................

Deblyn

..... I certainly was yesterday morning! The parcel delivery van pulled up outside the gate and emerged with a very large long parcel. I thought it was for next door but it was for me!! It was from my Secret Pal Westbrook! I wasn't able to open it straight away because I had a visitor. As soon as she had gone I took it upstairs to open. so much thought had gone inot what this extremely generous lady had put together for me:

a beautiful vegetarian cookbook

measuring spoons and jug so I can make the US recipes in it!

flower-themed fridge magnets

butterfly ornaments for the garden

fairy ornaments for the garden (the real ones will like them!)

a novel by her favourite author

a tape measure to measure out the squares for the quilting exchange!

garden seeds - Californian poppies - one of my favourite and a big bundle of seeds to grow ingredients for Mexican cooking - luckily I have some knowledge of Spanish so will be able to work out what is written on the back!

an oven thermometer - useful as I don't know how accurate the dial on my old Rayburn is!

a lovely little teapot for one with stacking milk jug and sugar bowl - it will look beautiful on my Welsh dresser when it's not full of tea!

A lovely letter from the lady herself

So thankyou thankyou thankyou Westbrook; it's been a bit of a difficult two weeks for various reasons and your parcel cheered me up no end. Thankyou so much for your generosity and big heart.

Love Lowlander