MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Any Advice?

Thanks Snow

I already have FTM and PAF is free on the internet now. I started to fill out FTM but fortunately I hadn't done too much when my other puter died at Christmas. Just thought I'd ask around before I enter lot of info again. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I tried Brothers keeper some years ago but didn't like it so I tried family tree maker and have stuck with it. I generally save the latest copy of the data file to a floppy disk in case something happens to the computer or the software.

Regardless of what software you decide on, make sure it can export in gedcom format since almost all of the programs can read that file type and it makes sharing between people with different programs so much easier.

Guest Guest

Momo -

I have used the PAF program for years now and it hold just about anything you want to put into and it's easily exported if desired....With the 5.0 that is downloaded free from the www.familysearch.org site you can get it in other languages too.

You could download it and use it for a while and see how you like it before you make a final decision... and with it you can do your Family Tree in both directions on ALL lines which is really nice to do...

Llamamomma