MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Earth Day 2010 (40 years ago)

Earth Day is this thursday and it has been 40 years since the first one.

I can't believe it has been that long ago that I helped with the first on in New York City (man I am old!)

So anybody doing something special in your yard, garden, school or Homeschool kids?

We have a big tree order coming into Tina Greenhouse (where we 'work') this week (Tuesday) and we plan to help some of the Amish plant their trees on Thursday so I guess we are back to planting tree on Earth Day. LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

We had a booth set up on Sat. at the county Earth Fair celebration. We had a display of some canning equipment, filled jars of homecanned foods. Then we had a board with announcements of upcoming classes, and brochures they can get on a huge variety of subjects. We handed out bookmarks with the county extension phone numbers, etc. on them. Took names and email addys of people interested in taking classes so I can inform them about them as they come up.

This was the firt time the extension office was involved in Earth Day.

What a nice sounding day, planting the trees. Have a great day !

We had a booth set up on Sat. at the county Earth Fair celebration. We had a display of some canning equipment, filled jars of homecanned foods. Then we had a board with announcements of upcoming classes, and brochures they can get on a huge variety of subjects. We handed out bookmarks with the county extension phone numbers, etc. on them. Took names and email addys of people interested in taking classes so I can inform them about them as they come up.

This was the firt time the extension office was involved in Earth Day.

What a nice sounding day, planting the trees. Have a great day !

and I bet you had fun too - talking and talking and talking. LOL

what agreat way to let people know all that is out there.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Archived