MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My "better half". . . .

Yesterday was intersting in a male/female way. DH asked me to spend the day with him and ride into the city. (Okay, that sounded good....get off the place together for a while, no kids, no gates to hop out and open/shut, maybe eat out at a nice resturant where they actually wait on you.) *Let's go*

Well, first we need to go clean out the back of the truck and hook on the trailer. So much for that nice shower I had and the Pleasures perfume....

1st stop on (his) list ~ The Tractor Supply Store

2nd stop ~ Atwoods (okay, here I did find some great clothing items on clearance for the kids, so no complaints)

3rd stop ~ Feed Store

4th stop - Another Feed Store

5th stop - Another tractor supply

6th stop - Lowes Home Improvemnt Store (we were in Lowes for two hours!)

7th stop - dinner out (we stopped at the first hamburger drive through (Sonic) at the edge of town (So much for that sit down, relaxing dinner for two!) (On second thought, we were sitting down in the truck.)

11:00 p.m. back home, still had to unload the truck

Exhausted, tried, dusty (but *happy*) We did buy a new dishwasher at Lowes to replace the relect.

Spending time together is always nice, but never quite like *we imagine it* big sigh!

(Did I really enjoy going to the tractor shops 20 odd years ago when we were dating or did I just act like I did?)

My DH calls me from town and asks if I want to go with him to Ft. Dodge in the garbage truck. It's the worst riding vehicle in the world and a 70 mile round trip. This time of year it smells pretty bad too. shocked.gif We always eat at Taco Tico (a cheap but good taco in and out kind of place) and make a stop at Wal-Mart but there's no storage except in the cab. Sooooo, on the way home it's the bummpy ride but with bags full of "stuff" packed all around me. By the time we get home I wonder why in the world I did that trip with him again but then, him being my best friend, I know why. grin.gif

Like you though, when I first started going with him on trips like this did I really enjoy it or was I just "that" much younger???? wink.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

Funny guys....but then again...not.

Men and woman are two different breeds and this proves it. What are they thinkin??

What a waste of good perfume...good thing you left your heels at home!

But then again...i bet your honey appreciated how nice you smelled and enjoyed just being in your company. Maybe you can hold out for your anniversary or birthday ...then you'll get your special night......Or NOT.....gotta love em!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

And now for the *flip side*... smile.gif

I needed to go to my Mom's tonight to get water in the water jugs (it's floridated "city water" & tastes better than our well water), talk to my brother about caring for our dog, and stop for some milk.

You have to know, going to my Mom's is NOT my DH's favorite destination. He was tired from work, and wanted to check out still more motel/travel stops/attractions online for Thursday's vacation start.

I asked the girls if they wanted to go, but they preferred to stay home with big brother. DH pipes up, "I'll go." I asked him & told him where I needed to go to make sure, and he still wanted to go.

So we went and while I chatted, he got the water jugs filled & loaded into the van. Then he came and sat down & patiently waited.

When we left, I reminded him about the milk, so we headed to the store. I offered to let him stay in the van, but he came with me.

Seemed every time we got separated, I found him looking for me in the opposite direction than I was. rolleyes.gif

Second time he wandered off, the music started playing one of "our songs", and he was the first one to mention it when he found me again.

Some days it doesn't take much to remind me why I married this guy...

smile.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited August 13, 2002).]