MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Daughter just left for her first date!!

kimba

I'm not sure how I fell about it. OK - she IS 18, so I have been VERY lucky thus far. Up until about a week ago she didn't really like anyone - at least none of the guys she knows personally. But then via Facebook she got a friend request from someone whose name she didn't recognize. Her first reaction was to hit the ignore button (Good girl! I raised her well!). But I told her to see if they have any of the same friends, maybe she knows him in a round about way. Well it turns out he's a firefighter in a nearby town(she's in the fire dept. here in town) and does have mutal friends. She asked her Dad about him an he said " Oh I went to fire school with that kid - he's ok". So she accepted his friend request.

Well the two of them have been non-stop chatting and talking on the phone since then!! He mentioned to her that they should start "seeing" each other and my wise daughter told him that she won't "see" anyone her mom hasn't met yet!! So yesterday he asked if he could stop by on his way to work to met the family. And today they are off to a matinee.

He seems like a nice guy. He's got 2 good jobs and he works hard. I guess I'm just having a reality check of my little girl being grown up.

Any words of advice from moms who have been there done that?????

Aw Kimba ((((hugs))))

Another milestone in the life of our children eh?

Archived