MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh Wow...He Died

Pigzzilla

This is kinda weird, at least for me. A bit of history if you don't mind. I was first married in Jan 1965. We had 3 kids, #1 son, DD, #2 son. He (Carl) was a mechanic and guitar player. We divorced in Dec 1974. It was not a good marraige and an even worse divorce. Carl was ordered to pay me $25 per kid child support per month. ($75 month) I received a grand total of $584 in support in all these years. He came to the town were the kids and I lived in 1986 and thats the last time I saw him. He showed up at #1 sons place one day about 5 years later, around 1991. No sign of him since then.

I have dinked around with the family history off and on over the years. #1 sons wife recently asked me if I have anything showing the ex's family. My former FIL was 1/2 Cherokee and I had seen several 'official' papers years ago relating to Oklahoma and tribal stuff. So I decided to look on Ancestry.com and search around. I had gone on there years ago and put in as much of the family as I knew. Going back 4 generations.

Well, I don't know why but I have had a Social Security number rolling around in my head for about a week. Not mine, my DH, or my kids. I could not place it.

So I go to Ancestry and go to that family tree. On the part that had Carls name was one of those little leaves they use for more info. That was not there before. So I clicked on it and it took me to the Social Security Death Index! There's the SS# thats been rolling around my head. The Index said Carl died in Oregon in 2007.

So I had to tell my kids that the sorry sperm donor was gone. I did NOT tell them like that tho. Those are my DD's words. All 3 kids had the same reaction---probably drank himself to death. We have tried to locate his last known wife, he's had a few, cause my kids really want to know what happened to their Dad. He was 61 years old.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. No contact for so long. I remarried in 1988. But it just seems weird.

glad to see you put this done in words.................

always good to 'vent' and then let it go.

**Funny how things are always showing up in our heads all the time and good that you did something about it.

I tell people all the time - Listen to what you are 'being told' - He may want you to do something.

at least now you have a few answers that you didn't have before.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Archived