MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

First Sunday in October

The MacKinnon

I went Darlene's gathering yesterday for a couple of hours. It's about a 3 hour one way drive for me but the route is beautiful any time of year.

Anyway, just those 2 hours really inspired me and clarified a number of issues that have been needling me for a long time. DH and I are both getting over a pretty ferocious allergy attack so we get tired fast, but I think we broke through a psychological barrier today. We worked on our utility room in bursts. Windows and curtains got washed, counter was cleared and disinfected, cabinets were reorganized and straightened. Floor got swept and mopped and I even got the iron board cover washed! We'd work on it a while, then do something else, take a break and start again. A little here and there and it all got done! Well the utility room was finished! We're inspired to take the same approach next time with the bedroom!

DH and I talked over our daily schedules and what we'd like to accomplish this month (keeping things manageable). Yesterday was just beautiful; today was partly cloudy and cooler with a fairly strong breeze - a definite "heads up!" that fall is indeed here and winter isn't far behind. It certainly brought us both a new energy, for which I'm grateful.

Archived