MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Inspired, Focused and Determined

Stephanie

Hello Dear Friends,

Up only for a few moments in the middle of the night to see about a stuffy nose, but just had to take a minute to say what a wonderful time we had at Camp Darlene II ! We got to see old friends again and make new friends. We were able to see the tremendous progress that Darlene has made on her little farm with many added outbuildings, fencing and animals.

I was inspired as I observed the many hands that worked and the great talent that was shared. Amazing!

I feel more focused on what it is I'm hoping to accomplish in our personal family preparedness.

I am determined to learn more and focus on what I can do rather than what i can not.

I'll be writing more later but just wanted to say it was a grand visit! :grouphug:

Based on your post and the others about the trip, it sounds as though a wonderful time was had by all. I can only imagine that it was quite inspirational... a mini homesteading sabbatical, if you will. Just wondering...was there a component where everyone selected a project that they would implement once they got home?

Based on your post and the others about the trip, it sounds as though a wonderful time was had by all. I can only imagine that it was quite inspirational... a mini homesteading sabbatical, if you will. Just wondering...was there a component where everyone selected a project that they would implement once they got home?

Hello!! :wave:

I think that is a great question. We covered sooooo much that I'm sure there will be several new projects being implemented as a result.

I know that Darlene is going to try, for the first time to make a cream or lotion of some sort with her bees wax. She also started shopping for a Jersey Cow after tasting Lisa's Raw Milk and the wonderful butter that we made from it.

A number of people were introduced to a wonderful weed/herb called plantain and now will be looking for it on their own property for bumps, bruises and insect stings, etc...

I got my first introdcution to the concept of quilting and plan to try my hand at that in the near future.

Madison, Darlene's daughter now has a good handle on simple crochet and was nearly done with her first dish cloth.

Mr. MomM was glad to see the process in person of curing / seasoning a piece of Cast Iron Cook ware

Lisa is determined to get her own pigs after seeing how Darlene has hers set up and also was extremely interested in the concept of a Volcano Stove which we discussed and the Anatolian Breed of Dog.

I am now going to seriously commit to practicing my acoustic guitar again after good tips from Mr.MomM.

Alexis was able to come to some conclusions about different fireams and their abilities and take that information back to her hubby.

My son Josiah, who already was eager to try bee keeping along with my husband got to see it all first hand and we were amazed at how simple (when done properly) it can be. (Also left with FRESH FROM THE HIVE honey)

Wow!!! I could go on and on!!! There was a CONSTANT stream of MULTIPLE activities going on at once. It was a challenge to try to determine where to be as you were afraid you were missing something somewhere else!! I'm sure other's will add to the list of the new projects they have in mind. :)

Wow! You all really packed a lot of activities into a relatively short period of time. I'm really sorry that I missed it.

Like your son, I am interested in beekeeping but my husband is allergic. So...we'd definitely need a large enough property for me to be able to keep them from crossing his path. Or maybe, I just need to keep buying it at the farmer's market!

It really sounds as though everyone was able to take away a lot of new skills and ideas for projects. I can't wait to hear more about them as folks start putting it to use at their own homes.

Archived