MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

You might be a gardener if.........????

ozzzyyy

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY GINGER

You have been known to garden after dusk, through use of flashlight or floodlight.

When you see an old house being torn down, you pull over and dig out all the abandoned peonies and iris ... then try to get your friends to make room for them in their gardens.

A part time job in a garden center with a discount is your life's goal.

You spend the morning drive to work mentally marking roadside wild flowers for seed collection later in the season.

You reply to "How are the kids?" with a detailed current rundown on the health and flowering of each of your perennials.

While waiting for a bus, you find yourself deadheading the curbside impatiens.

You proudly display the sunburn, bug bites, and blisters you got while doing your garden!

Among your garden seeds and snake oils you have lineament for the joints, & Band-Aids.

You can be found wandering in the garden talking to plants and trees.

When other folks pull out photos of their children/grandchildren, you pull out photos of your favorite plants

You buy another plant, even tho you have no earthly idea of where you will find a place to plant it.

It's spring and a late freeze warning comes along, you first go out and carefully cover your tender plants .... later you remember to turn on the heat in the house for the humans who live there.

You have permanently brown knees from kneeling in that good earth.

You can reel off the life history of every perennial in your garden and consistently forget your family's birthdays and anniversaries.

You go outdoors to turn on the sprinkler and get carried away looking at the plants and then remember that supper was

cooking on the stove!!

You can walk around the block and see all the plants you've given the neighbors-partly to share but also because you

couldn't bear to compost them....

You're fascinated by the volunteer pumpkin growing in the compost pile....

You go to the garden center and actually pay money for rocks-and it takes you half an hour to pick out the ones you

want.....

You make people who come to visit taste all your different varieties of mint....

You fear you will have an accident driving one day because you're always looking sideways to see what people have in

their yards.

You buy beer for slugs.

You look around the garden and patio area the other day and realize that the garden is neater then the house.

Guest Guest

Ginger, I can't believe how many of these I've done. Just last Saturday, I was working by porchlight. I do have an excerpt from an article re: taking wildflower seeds from the wilds, tho. If you or anyone else is interested, I'll post it...sg

Yes, lol!! I especially like the one about picking out the rocks except I don't buy them but have been known to stop my car on the side of a country road and take them for a ride to my garden

Yes, Seldiesgirl, please post the article. Sounds interesting!