MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I took my Son to the BMV to get his permit. I thought we had everything we needed. They did not accept one of his proof of address. Trying to find something for proof of address from the limited list of what they will accept for a 16 year old is hard.

They will let me sign that he lives with me but I have to have my Brith certificate, 2 forms of address ( from their limited list) and my SS card or income tax return. :gaah: At least they didn't ask for blood.

The DMV is in a strip mall. Besides the DMV there is a tanning place, a paint store, 6 places to eat, a large movie theater and a hardware store.

WE had taken DD1 with us so she could tan while we were at the DMV. While we were waiting for her Son and I went into the hardware store.He found some gloves he wanted for his job this summer and I found the paint samples. :wub:

In my afraid of color days I painted my living room a light tan/beige color. It took me about 3 days to hate the color. The kids are right it looks like a dead teddy bear. I went bold in my bedroom and will not go back to some shade of off white again. As I was looking for some nice colors to paint the living room, dinning room and kitchen I heard a voice say "Mom's lost in the colors again. We'll be here for hours." I hate painting I need the perfect colors. It's a hard decision to make.

OK the truth is that I secretly want to be a interdesigner and love getting lost in color, shapes and texture.

Ignoring him I was looking at all the wonderfull colors in my hands I found it,.... That beautiful peach color I've been looking for to paint my living room. It's not as blod as my bedroom colors but it's perfect for the living room.

By that tme DD1 had joined Son in trying to get me out of the hardware store.

Mean kids, they wouldn't even let me look in the direction of the paint store. I still need a color for the dinning room and kitchen.

My son needed a lot just to get his photo id, so I can imagine it's more to get the permit paperwork going. (my ds is refusing to get a license ... I figure, fine for now, at least my insurance rates won't skyrocket as soon as we thought they would).

The peach color sounds pretty. Maybe you can make a deal with the kids and dh - every hour you don't spend in the paint store is time they in return spend painting for you :) then I have a feeling they will be inviting you along to the store to seek out that perfect shade for the other rooms.

I love how your kids put things, lol, they are very creative in their descriptions :)

The kids are right it looks like a dead teddy bear.