MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Summer

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

It is hot here this week, 90's.... so I took the dogs to a wooded area between a lake and the Yakima River. The lake is a city park and dogs are a no-no there so, I went to the backside to explore and do my thinking.

I began thinking of Summer and how everyone I work with hates it. It is too hot.... too buggy... on and on. My body rejoices in summer, I love to be outdoors in the summer. Everyone that works with me is in airconditioned rooms indoors watching TV avatar.jpg .

I think that many people have forgotten to follow their body rhythms during the summer. I walk slower and shorter distances. I read more, take more naps and day dream more in the summer. Summer nights are my favorite, warm breezes that bring the voices from outside into my house. People walk more on summer nights. Icream cones draw us out. A walk before bed, or a quick run through the sprinkler.

oops.. I have digressed a bit here. Anyway I found 3 beautiful spots along the river that were cool and shady, all ready for a hot day when the house is just too hot to bare. A few hours in the shade with a chair and a book next to the river is now in my back pocket of ideas waiting for that day.

Our summer, at least the hottest part is only 6 to 8 weeks long here. We are lucky to live in a dry climate with not too many bugs. I mourn the fact that most of the people I know will stay indoors with the air on and their bodies will not go through those seasonal changes like mine does.

Thanks for listening

aaaaa ... sound like a wonderful place.

I like to lay out on those too hot days and read too or take a nap under a mist of a sprinkler.

the trouble i have with the heat is i don't sweat much at all and the days i do boy do i love being out side. in the garden sitting in a shade tree or napping. just being and enjoying

Guest Guest

Right now, I could gladly trade places with you!, it's hot and muggy a lot in the summer time in New Orleans,....

When they put the tourists on tv, they say boy it's and muggy, but I still love new orleans....