MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

More to smile about

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young minister was serving in his first church up in New England. His first Sunday there was a terrible nor'easter with more than a foot of snow. Not wanting to disappoint, he got to church early, shoveled the walks and started the heat.

Come service time, only one old farmer had shown up. The young minister walked down and asked, "Well, what do you think we should do?"

"Well sir," said the farmer, "When I go out and feed the horses, if only one horse shows up, I don't go back to the barn with out feedin it!"

"I understand!" said the minister. He then proceeded to go through the entire service - 4 hymns, confessions, announcements, a 45 minute sermon, and communion.

After the service, the minister walked back down to the farmer and asked, "What did you think?"

"Well sir," said the farmer, "When I go out and feed the horses, if only one horse shows up, I don't give that one horse the whole cart load of hay!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A pastor was once asked where he came up with the ideas for his sermons.

"Often times I don't put the sermons together until my walk across the street from the house on Sunday morning."

The church bought him a new house - across town.