MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Big Fire in Ellensburg Wa

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Oh, wow! The fields were on fire???

I've only seen fall (dry) cornfield fires once in a great while around here. Ususally caused by trash burning accidents.

I hope no people or buildings were hurt/destroyed.

Guest Guest

Those are quite the pictures. What a shame and yet if no one was hurt that's the main thing. We had a cornfield not too far from us catch fire a few years ago and the air smelled like parched corn for days.

Guest Guest

No one was hurt, thank the lord. We have has some very hot dry weather and someone was using a leaf blower, I guess a spark flew off of the gas powered leaf blower and one bale caught and then another and.... you know the rest.

We are a small town and we go out to see the fires. Art and I went out earlier and I decided to walk the dogs then go back after dark with my camera.

HOLIE MOLIE JOAN.........that was sooooooome fire!!!

Great pictures !! I noticed your name....married to a Swede perchance?

Never knew a gas leaf blower would do such a thing......WOW!!

How long did it take to get it put out and i sure hope the Andersons had insurance!!

Guest Guest

ty ty Art is half Swede and half Norwegian. One spark from the gas powered leaf blower set it off. No one was hurt, thank the Lord and yes they have insurance. This fire had burned itsself out by the next day.