MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I need some strength

Guest Guest

I sit here exhausted and realizing that I am a very blessed woman. But I need some extra strength right not to make it through the days.

Summers are always chaotic for me because I continue to work and play as hard as I can at the same time. We are blessed with a huge group of close friends, who come and stay with us over the summer. Cooking, cleaning, socializing and still working wear me out each summer. This is what I choose though, these people are my family and I love them all but.....

Anyway, in the midst of all this, last Thursday night, my husband was hit in the head by a falling tree ( long story about men and their jeeps and winching out). The tree hit him, knocked him out and he fell out of his jeep. He is ok but he has been in and out of the ER a couple of times.

Right now I am at work wearing the same clothes that I wore to work yesterday. I just threw my jumper on when we went in to the ER again.

I am so very tired, people are still at my house because I lack the courage to tell them how stressful everthing is for me. I need some prayers for extra strength right now. I am very blessed with family and friends... it just gets to be a lot at times.

Joan

((((((Joan)))))))

I'm prayin', Hon! You need to find some much deserved rest through this! Your friends need to pamper you and DH until you can again be the energetic hosts they are accustomed to. Thats what friends are for...give and take. You need to be on the receiving end at this time!! Bless you!

Oh nooooooooooooo Joan!!! I'm sooooooo sorry........your poor hubby!! What's his prognosis? Will there be lasting damage??

I am praying and hoping for a quick recovery.....and that your guest realize it's time to leave .......

Rest when you can!

Hugs,

deb

Sweetie...

If they are your family and you love them, be honest with them. Explain to them that you need some time to "regroup".

Maybe you could offer them a choice: pitch in and help *a lot*, or allow you some time alone as a family (return home).

Most people understand and will respect your wishes. (If they don't, do you really want them there anyway?)

I pray your DH has no lasting affects from his "encounter" with the tree...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Joan}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Joan, I do hope things are going better today. (((((Joan)))))

Since they are your family, make a list of things that need to be done, and ask if some of them could be done for you while you are at work. They could start the next meal and do some of the clean up for you. I'm sure, if they knew you were so tired, they would be more than happy to help you.

I do hope your DH is doing much better.

Praying for you and your DH.

(((((Joan)))))

Thanks for the support and the suggestions. I am better today. Company is gone and I got a good nights sleep in. Art is home for a week to heal. I feel stronger today. Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Hi Joan!

I was wondering how your DH is doing these days?? I hope he is mending nicely and that you both are getting the rest you so deserve

He is doing just fine. I took him about 2 weeks to recover, but he is back to his old now. This experience could have ended so differently. We al are aware of how fragile and teneous life is for us. I see him giving more to those around him now, he realizes that his gift of life is just that, a gift.

Thanks for asking, I am please by your remembering this.

Blessings!

Ohhhh Joan, that is marvelous news! Thank you for the best update ever!!

I experienced the same with my own DH when he became deathly ill a number of years ago. I came awfully close to becoming a widow but since then, I have a new man!!