MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Major power outage!!

I feel soooooo bad for all those stuck in hot dark elevators......the elderly and sick that need power for medical equipment......etc.

We here in Massachusetts have'nt been effected.......how has the outage touched any of your lives?

I've been watching it on the news debbielee and what a mess it is. As you know it hasn't gotten here so as far as I know it's not affecting too many people I know.

People sure do seem to be handling it well. Like you I worry about the sick and elderly and also what's going to happen after dark in those dark dark streets.

Sure was a surprise to see this on the news. But, if you remember it wasn't all that long ago when this happened and then it had happened in 1965 too.

If people were ready for Y2K, they might be ready for anything, Generators and all could have been put into use for this.

Do hope everyone is ok. Yes, I agree about all you have mentioned. It had to be a real scare for so many people.

Haven't had the news on yet, so not sure how things are now.

Has anyone heard from Lois or others in the NY area, how about Cat in Ohio and others who could have been affected? Of course, we haven't been as of yet, but one never knows.

We got our rural power back on about 1:30 am.

Generator worked while we watched a lot of what was happening in NY and N. Jersey were up to date on most of what was happening. I spent the morning putting oil lamps, power cords and other things away. The power went off her about 4:30 PM, so it was off for about 10 hours. We are doing fine.