MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The American Museum - this is where I am going on Tuesday

Deblyn

I have wanted to visit the American Museum for several years now, and we are now going (whole family) on Tuesday next. Kaffe Fassett is having a quilt exhibition there at the moment, both his own quilts and some of his collection, so I am looking forward to that, and to the gardens and the rest of the museum.

Their website is at:

www.americanmuseum.org

if you would like to see what sort of things I hope to see.

I will report back next week and let you know what I think!!

I just took a virtual tour of the museum and it is fantastic! It never occurred to me that there would be such a thing as an American Museum in another country.

There appears to be some extraordinary exhibits there, I'm sure you will enjoy them. I haven't been in an historical museum in ages but, that tour has inspired me to seek one, to take my grandson for a tour.

The Museum of Natural History in Chicago, was always my favorite. Still, I haven't been there in almost 30 years. I kinda like The Smithsonian, too. It was a bit overwhelming, tho. It's so large I don't remember a lot of what I saw, except 'The Kittyhawk', and Gen. Custer's uniform.

I love history! Thanks for the reminders... I hope you tell us all about it; sometimes living vicariously is my only recourse.

Have fun!