MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New kind of story...

Guest Guest

Let's try something a bit different than we've done. It's so hard for us (women?? *wink*) to limit our story additions to a few words.

SOOOOOOOOOOO...

Write a few lines using *one* of the previous poster's 3 suggested directions to take the story. Then write your own 3 suggestions for the next person to choose from.

Ready?

Happygirl caught the plane to Snowmom's house, and when she got there, she found that Snowmom was really busy, with three things on the go at once. So Happygirl decided to help her:

a] pluck the 42 chickens for the freezer

b] help finsih the quilting on the new quilted wraparound jacket for the outside of the house to improve the insultaion for the winter

c] finsih building her new off-road caterpillar-track burger bar

Happygirl rolled up her sleeves and started a fire in the fireplace. She warmed up the chicken pluckin' pan of water and started for the freezer. Just before she got there, she slipped and fell on her hiney from stepping on the:

a) bag of ball-and-jacks kids game;

B) recently thawed box of nightcrawlers;

c) leftover plate of mashed potatoes that the dog hasn't seen yet.

bag of ball-and-jacks kids game, that SnowMom and Old Pine had been playing on the floor the night before...WOW! What a way of getting out of plucking chickens! While she was down there, she decided to:

a) clean up all the dustbunnies and make yarn for a sweater for...

B) take a nap and dream about....

c) roll over to grab the phone and call....

roll over and grab the phone and called DH. She left in such a hurry, now the "what ifs" were coming to mind. She had to hear that they were surviving without her. Her Dh put her mind at ease and told her to enjoy herself, that she truly deserved this vacation....she finally felt relief. After slobbering sweet somethings in the phone to DD, Happy decided to again ask Snowmom what she could do to help?

Snow replied:

a) Nothing, dear, let us talk awhile. I have so much to tell you about my trip to visit Lowie in England.

B) Why don't you just continue on with the chicken pluckin'?

c) Well, I'm sure glad you asked. The house needs a good vaccuming, dishes are to the roof, and the laundry is calling.

I showed her pictures of my kids and other family members as well as got into genealogy. As I was sharing, Lowie got a surprised look upon her face and rushed to get out her pictures. To our amazement we discovered that my English great great uncle Edward on my mothers side was also her great great uncle on her fathers side. That makes Lowie and I family! We hugged and squealed with joy...who would of known! This visit was a divine appointment, thats for sure!

We then...

a) broke out her homemade liquors that she saves for special occasions and celebrated till dawn

B) had tea and crumpets in the garden, sharing every detail of what we knew of our eccentric great great uncle Edward

c) had to run after the chickens that had gotten out and were running down the road, oh my, what a chase they gave us!

We then... had tea and crumpets in the garden, sharing every detail of what we knew of our eccentric great-great-uncle Edward.

Lowie grinned and told Snow that she had reason to believe that great-great-uncle Edward had been involved in the original carving of the Cerne Abbas Giant, but only family members were allowed to know. He always claimed he was trying to make contact with space visitors, but most say it was after a night at the pub.

"And that's the story of my visit with Lowie in England", Snow finished with a smile.

All of a sudden, Frannie burst through the door, scaring Happygirl & Snow so much that they spilled their hot cocoa all over the bearskin rug.

She said...

1. "Come quick... there's a sale on donuts at Wal-Mart!"

2. "Old Pine just drove off on his riding lawn mower, headed to Disney World!"

3. "IT'S RAINING CREAMPUFFS!!"