MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

So what does everyone have planned for this week?

I thought I'd get a topic started. There isn't as much posting on here lately. I realize we're all getting ready for the holidays. I sure HOPE that's why it's so quiet.

I'll start.........

I plan on staying home all week except Wed. On Wed. our homeschool coop is having the annual Pilgrim's Feast. The families get together and have a Thanksgiving meal. We share fellowship, food, and laughs. It is officially the last group get-together until January.

Since next week is my ds 12th birthday and Thanksgiving, I have been making plans. He is going to have a couple of friends sleep over the Friday after Thanksgiving. I have to work on that Saturday and my husband plans to go hunting so our 16 yd son is going to have to supervise them on Saturday. (My husband is working so much that he hasn't been able to deer hunt. It is his passion and his stress reliever. As a cop, he needs this time.)

My house is a mess. Normally, we homeschool during the early part of the day. This week I'm changing that a bit. My ds suggested we do schoolwork in the evenings this week. I am more productive in the mornings and early in the day. Since the time change and shorter days, I seem to stop functioning early in the evening as soon as it gets dark! hehehe This means I can't work in any extra cleaning or rearranging during the day. I'm spent by supper time. Anyay, he suggested we topsy turvy our normal schedule and see if that helps. I got to thinking about it and decided he might have something there! So I will start my housework at 8am each day (except wed).

I also plan to put up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving day. My husband will have to sleep during most of the day since he's scheduled to work. My older son has hunting plans with his best friend who has been away at college. That leaves my younger son and me with time on our hands.

We will cook a wonderful dinner while the Macy's parade is on the boobtube. In between all the cooking and eating I plan to do the tree. We like to decorate.

So....where is everybody and what are you guys doing this week?

Lisa

Oh, Mommafitz - you have a full week ahead of you! My week looks calm in comparison. Today, I hope to catch up on our book work - that will be an all day job. Tonight we're going to a basketball game. The only other day I have anything scheduled is Wednesday when I have a doctor's appt. in the morning and church circle that evening. My plans for putting up some outdoor Christmas lights have changed - it's pouring down rain here! I won't do any real Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving. It looks like a quiet week ahead for me.

Mary, I understand about the bookwork. I used to keep books for my father's construction company and some days were doozies!

I plan on doing my paperwork and Christmas crafts while my son is doing his schoolwork in the evenings.

Believe it or not,I have been busy this morning. I like to take a break and check the internet news and emails every now and then!

Back to it!

Lisa

Mostly staying home this week, but busy! I must go to my MIL's to clean on Thursday, but other than that I'll be making a bunch of cards for a craft sale that's going to happen on Saturday. I also need to get some stuff going on here for Thanksgiving...we will be celbrating it here, so I need to get this place in tip-top shape! DH is taking the Wednesday before Thanksgiving Day, that Friday and the next Monday off, as a mini-vacation. We will be putting up the tree and decorating for Christmas that weekend. I think it'll be fun. We are excited! I think DD will enjoy everything more this year as well...she'll soon be three, so I'm planning a little get together with her as well....good topic!