MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

'FAVORITE THINGS' CONTEST IS OVER...

Guest Guest

and the correct answers are;

1. When it comes to household chores, I would rather;

a. do laundry -wrong! I don't exactly hate doing laundry but, I can think of a thousand other things I'd rather do. Like scrubbing grout! You know, laundry is one of those strange chores that I never seem to finish! Then again, you can't finish it, unless you are naked!

b. cook- correct. I LOVE to cook and, I'm so very good at it! LOL! I can cook just about anything, and I love to experiment in the kitchen. I also happen to own almost every small appliance and kitchen gadget possible. My youngest DD will walk through a kitchen store and try to find things I don't already own. When she finds one, it's usually something I don't want.

c. do dishes- wrong! I do 99% of the cooking around here! WHY should I have to do the dishes? I actually have 3 dishwashers. One (a potscrubber) is built in under the cabinet, the other two walk upright and love my cooking! LOL!

2. My favorite time of the day is;

a. sunrise- wrong! Are you kidding me!?!? I have ‘blackout curtains' in my bedroom so I don't have to look at that early morning bright light! I think I was a vampire, in another incarnation.

b. sunset - correct. This is my absolute favorite time of the day! I'm wide awake, just hitting my stride in creativity, and raring to go! When people ask my favorite color, I have to say sunset. Actually, it's sunset in the mountains. I have tried more times than I can count, to take a picture of a perfect sunset but, it's impossible! They are all perfect, each new one more breathtakingly beautiful than the last. Sunsets refresh my faith in God, every time I see one.

c. midnight- wrong. This is the best ‘quiet' time but, I'm usually burned out by then, and ready to get some rest.

3. I LOVE power tools!

TRUE -Absolutely true! I personally own more power tools than most men, and know how to use them very well! Whenever a new power tool comes out, I start looking for new projects so I can justify having it. I love getting power tools as gifts, the way some women are with jewelry!

FALSE - wrong.

4. I was in the military. In which branch did I serve?

a. Army- wrong. Too physical; no way was I going to crawl in the mud on my belly!

b. Navy- way too much water for me! I like both feet planted firmly on the ground!

c. Air Force - correct. There was just something about hangin' with the ‘fly boys', that really appealed to me! Besides, I liked the uniforms, much better. On the serious side, I was looking for the most intellectual stimulation. In the Air Force, you study more than you physically train. I wanted to use my brains, not muscles.

d. Marines- wrong. You know what the nickname is for a female Marine? B.A.M. broad-a**ed- Marine. ‘Nuff said.

e. Coast Guard- We're back to the ‘too much water' thing.

5. When I have spare time, I like to;

a. knit- wrong. I have never understood why anyone would use 2 needles when 1 hook worked just as well, and take less time. Besides, I'm just not that coordinated.

b. crochet- correct. See my answers for knitting. The truth is, I taught myself to crochet because I found an incredible deal on yarn, and couldn't pass up a bargain! LOL! It's been more than 20 years but, I found yarn for 25 & 50 cents a skein. I couldn't pass up the deal so, I bought almost $100.00 worth of yarn! I took it home, hid it in a closet, then tried to figure out what to do with it. My husband came home, found it, asked what I was going to do with it all. I said I was going to crochet some stuff. He said, "But I thought you didn't know how to crochet!" I answered, "I don't, yet. Give me a couple of days." A week later, I had made my DD a sweater.

c. do needlepoint- I learned how to use a sewing machine more than 40 years ago, and I've never looked back. I don't sew anything by hand, if I can get away with it, and I'd rather make something new, then to do repairs. My machines have always sewed on buttons.

6. I was once bitten by a lion.

TRUE- correct. LOL! I know this sounds ludicrous but it is the absolute truth! My astrological sign is Leo, and I've been told I walk like a cat. I guess I was fascinated at the prospect of meeting a big cat, up close and personal.

Back in my younger, wilder days, I had a friend who happened to be an exotic dancer. She had a female lion that she used in her act. I asked if I could meet Baby, her 11 month old lioness, and she said yes. I went to her house, and after being told that Baby loved visitors as long as they weren't men, I stepped into the garage, Baby's room. Baby looked at me, strolled across the room, ‘floated' up on her hinds legs right in front of me, and put both of her huge paws on my shoulders.

We stared in each other's eyes for about 4 breathless seconds, then she nipped me on my left shoulder. She scared the **** out of me, and before thinking, I just reacted! I punched her in the nose as hard as I could and ran into the house! I practically knocked over Baby's owner, who was standing in the doorway, laughing at me. I asked her what was so funny, and when she got over her hysterics, she finally told me that Baby just wanted to dance with me, and the nip was just to get me to move. Yeah, right! I moved alright! Out of the garage, then out of the house! She didn't really hurt me, it didn't even break the skin but it sure scared me. It was quite a while before I thought it as funny as everyone else.

FALSE- wrong. See above.

7. My favorite type of books to read are;

a. mysteries- correct. I love mysteries; police, law, drama, intrigue. John Sanford, John Grisham, James Patterson, Richard North Patterson, Sue Grafton, Phillip Margolin, Lawrence Sanders... my bookshelves are full of them!

b. science fiction- wrong. Very rarely do I read science fiction. Not my favorite genre, by any means.

c. biographies- wrong. I have read one occasionally but, the life and times of the rich and famous doesn't really interest me.

8. When it's time to start gardening, I can't wait to get my bare hands in the dirt!

TRUE- wrong.

FALSE- correct. I wear gloves when I have to work in the garden. Mostly I supervise the gardening. I have never liked to get my hands dirty, even as a child. No mud pies for me, unless I could use a spoon! I even wear latex gloves when preparing meals, for anything ‘messy'.

9. I love to shop! When I see something I like, I just buy it, even if it's not on sale!

TRUE- wrong.

FALSE- I don't buy anything unless it's on sale! Shopping is something I have to do, other than that, I avoid it whenever possible.

10. I sometimes have a hard time sleeping. I have a small sound machine that I use every night, to help me fall asleep. My favorite setting on my sound machine is;

a. rainstorm- wrong. Rainstorms are nice but, thunder really rattles my nerves.

b. mountain stream- wrong. Nice but, not exactly soothing.

c. nature sounds- wrong. BUGS! Yuck! Need I say more?

d. heartbeat- wrong. Too primordial for me. Or maybe it's an Edgar Allen Poe thing.

e. ocean waves- correct. I LOVE the ocean, to look at it, and to hear it. I just don't go out on it!

Ya hooooooooo......i finally know the answers.....it was driving me nutzybagels.....It was fun reading what everybody picked too.

I HAD sunset down but changed it......and air force too.....woof....I bet lot's of people chose SCI -FI cuz of your hunny Admiral Kirk.......hahahhaaaaaaaa

What a hoot this was......thanks Nan!

This was awesome!!! I really enjoyed guessing and am glad I got some of them right. I sure got a hoot out of your lion story...it just HAD to be true...and I should have known...like you, I don't like getting my hands in the dirt and would never make it in the army...I'm thinking we are alike in many ways, although I can't say I can cook everything, although my DH thinks I'm pretty good at what I do cook!