MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

question(food for thought)

I answered this but it didn't post. I had that happen yesterday too, is anyone else having problems? Trying again!

If I had young children and could take them along I'd go. With internet access it's so easy to stay in touch with people it wouldn't be so bad to be gone. DD and I keep in touch constantly with ICQ though we seldom speak on the phone.

At this age with my children grown and on there own I wouldn't go. I couldn't stand never seeing them and any possible grandchildren that might come along.

With great regret, I would have to remain in the land where my family was. If he truly loved me, then he would understand and not ask me to move away from my childrens heritage. Now if we were a couple of great wealth and could jet back and forth with ease, I would most certainly go!

I would do it in a heartbeat. But then again I'm different. I didnt raise my daughter and I dont know her kids. Our ties to our families arent strong. Its just the two of us. Yes, I would do it. Think of the adventure. Its the trip of a lifetime. Karen

I would go......after my Mom is gone. With the internet, snail mail and telephone, I would still be able to keep in touch with other friends and family. What a grand adventure it could be. But then, DH and I don't have children, and if we did, that would probably make a difference.

There is no chance in the world that I would leave this country and go to a strange land to start over. If I didn't know the person well, and even if I did. With a family here, I would NOT leave. NO WAY.

I am a family person and need my family when I can have them. I still have two sisters and neices and nephews around here and our #2 DS is only 2 hours away. So, again, I have to say, there is NO way I would leave here.

If this is really a question for you and some man, and he says he loves you, I would think about it, and of course the country would make a difference too, as you know in some countries women are treated very badly.

If I were you, I would really think hard on this one.

(((((HUGS)))))

I think I would....I am now. I left my country (Mexico) to come and live in the States with my DH. My parents are still in Mexico as is my sister and her family. My other sister has left for Africa as a missionary, and is living there by herself (she is single).

I guess a big thing for me would be to know why we had to live somewhere else. But, if my DH goes, then I go......that's just a choice that I've made.

Of course, he won't make a decision like that with out me, so it would be something that we decided to do together, not just him.

I would. Cause the person I love is DH and we have be together for 23 years now. And I know he wouldn't ask me to go some where that would but us in danger; and if he was to ask there would be a good reason for it. As for Family and friends we have the internet. And i don't get to see much of them any ways. But, yes i would and I know he would for me too