MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I was wrong...............

mrszouave

After the sediment settled to the bottom of the glass.....i see that now.........

I thought that Nana's statements were harsh and unnecessary.....

I thought I understood Mrs. S's polices............

But I was wrong.

What I didn't realize was Nana looked ahead and saw the potential discussions and problems and tried to head them off before they started.

She was doing her JOB.......

Jenna's topic was wonderful.....I did not like the fact that she felt it necessary to apologize for ruffling feathers by starting her post after Nana's statement.........which led me to post what I did.

Which basically goes back to Jenna's question in many ways......

From a Christian perspective......how are we to handle situations that arise?

Did I do wrong in bringing up what I did? Should I have bitten my tongue?

I can see where Nana knew where that discussion may have led.......because it could easily spider webbed into many areas.....which basically revolve around Christian discussion......and could lead into......Christian rights.......Christians Vs Supreme court.....etc......and may have potentially upset non Christians........and may have needed to be confined to Streams for that reason.

So there it is..........I apologize for hurting you Nana.......and causing troubles here.

Btw Nana.......your right.....I've known you long enough to have known your intentions......you've known me long enough to know I was not calling you a bigot......true?

I still would like to discuss the guidelines because I feel the lines are blurry......but at a later time.......i have crow to eat.

((((((((((((((((debbielee)))))))))))))))))))

You are so sweet...

*darlene takes that ugly crow and throws it in the garbage*

You did nothing wrong chica...

But I think you may be right...maybe it's time to discuss the incident that has so many of us *old timers* quick to step in if we fear it might head down the wrong road.

Once upon a time there was a flourishing site that was busy preparing for the advent of Y2K...there was a bond with all these people, male and female alike...there was much laughter and tears and caring and support and knowledge being shared with everyone. There was a private forum that was used to discuss controversial topics and one day, someone innocently made a post about the Blair Witch movie that had recently come out.

Within a very short order two armies invaded this site...the christians stood on one side and the non-christians stood on the other side. Things were said and words were hurled and they cut both sides very deep. Several people tried to bring some sense into the whole thing but it was too far outta control. It escalated to such a point that the owner at the time felt she had no other alternative but to completely shut the site down for a few days for *emotional healing*.

I will never forget, the longest day I live, how it felt when she opened it back up. The forums were like graveyards, everyone for the moment had totally left the site. The christians went off and made their own site, the non-christians went off and made their own site too.

In the middle lay MrsSurvival, still *bleeding* from this war that had just transpired.

Shortly after this all happened, I was outta town on vacation and had my laptop with me. I got an email from the owner asking if I would be interested in buying MrsSurvival from her.

Who in their right mind would pay the amount of money I paid for this place after what it had just been through. Probably only me cause from the first day I found this place, I fell totally, madly, passionately in love with our home here. I'm hard headed and love a challenge and believed this site could not only be salvaged but taken to even greater things.

I don't know how many of the old timers were here to see that happen all those years ago. I know that MountainMommy was...Cat was having computer problems at the time and was blessed to not witness the horrible things that were said...I can't remember if nana or if any of the other ladies were here but I decided then and there that what had happen going on what? 5 years ago? Would never happen again here.

For a few years we had a *sister* site, For His Glory that MM designed for the christians to interact, but over the years it just didn't work. I decided a little while ago, to make the Streams in the Desert forum, and Ginger has done an awesome job there.

Anyway, that's what happened, and that's why the *mama* comes out in some of us when we become afraid that history will repeat itself. I don't think those concerns arise so much because of what anyone is saying TODAY, but because of the memories some of us have of the past that are so painful.

I pretty much stand on what I said last night in my last post about this. I don't like censorship, I prefer maturity and consideration for others and self control. Everyone needs the ability to freely be themselves and in that freedom, respectfully remember the rest of us that call MrsSurvival home. Yes there are boundries, but that is normal in life. I don't know if you can always define clear lines on everything.

Maybe having a glimpse into some of our pasts here at MrsSurvival though, might help you to understand our concerns.

I'm open to anyone's thoughts and/or suggestions. It's just as much your home as it is mine.

Debbielee, there is really no need to apologize. Honestly, you didn't hurt my feelings. I was just surprised that you had misunderstood me. It took a while to realize I misused the word 'discusion' and I feel that there is where the problem began. Jenna shouldn't have apologized either, because as Darlene said, neither of you did anything wrong.

You said I seemed harsh, and Atropine said I was brusque (I like that word!

Debbielee...

Although I have yet to have the honor of meeting nana in person, I have had the opportunity to speak to her several times on the phone...

Lemme tell ya something...

She REALLY is a brat...

*I* on the other hand, maintain the throne as the *innocent one*

*angelic smile*

lol

Darleen,

Thanks for your post !! Many of my questions have been answered. I knew something had happened, I did not know what and yet the effects of it were still hanging around this group.

Thanks for explaining.

(((((((Debbielee))))))))

The word confinement for Christian topics is not how I see the forum, "Streams In The Desert" best described. We are blessed to have such a place to discuss our faith indepth with one another. Just as we do in church or in a fellowship group.

I know many non-Christians and they know fully well that I am a Christian. I do not provoke my friends in Christian discussion because we have differing veiws. Why would I desire to alienate our good relationship because they do not believe the same as I do? Yet whenever there is a crisis in any of my friends lives, I am free to be me and share that I will be praying for them. They accept me as I am, as I do them. I need their caring support as well as all my friends who have differing strengths and giftings.

Such as it is here. Throughout the more than 5 years I have been here at Mrs. Survival, I have met some really fascinatining people and fondly refer to this community as beloved friends. I accept and love them where they are at and likewise, I am accepted and loved. I am a better person for knowing each and everyone of you.

I was here back at that dividing and hurtful time. I do not like to live in the past. I feel that over the years, we have made the neccesary policies and provisions to ward off upcoming dissension. I have learned the freedom of grace that allows each and every one of us to be themselves without offence. All members are upheld in highest respect. Thats what I love most about Mrs. Survival.