MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where Ya Been???

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Quiet weekend on here...

**Cat pushes out the breakfast cart, loaded with warm blueberry muffins, fresh cinnamon rolls, hot English muffins, homemade strawberry jam, a 'breakfast scramble' of eggs, ham, cheese & veggies, hot coffee, freshly-squeezed orange juice, and a selection of herbal teas...**

Are you getting too much rain, or not enough?

Is it hot? Cold? Is your weather on track or unusual?

Are you planning a vacation this year?

Gardening? Puttering?

Canning? Other preservation?

What's your personal goal for learning a new skill this summer? Outdoor cooking? Sewing? Learning to relax more?

(There's pizza in the warming cupboard on the teacart's second shelf, under the tablecloth, for you late-comers!! )

Hello all!

We have had sooooooo much rain! It has rained, stormed and downpoured for 4 days straight. I need to get out and weed my jungle.....it needs attention before it gets way out of hand. Maybe I'll attempt raincoat gardening today

Guest Guest

Ya too much rain here. Lucky my basement didn't flood. DH did bring home the generator. Would need it to keep the sumps going if we lost power in one of these storms. Di

Good morning. Hey, those cinnamon rolls smell good. I have to wait about 15 minutes after my thyroid pill to eat one, but I've started on the coffee.

April and May have been warmer than usual for here. We always have an abundance of rain and if it hits 70 we are hot. 60s is very comfortable. The rain here can be off and on, one little burst or all day long so we learn to do what we need to outside when it's not raining and then plan inside things for the rest of the time.

In July we are going to Central Oregon with friends for several days. This is NOT my favorite part of Oregon but it will be fun to be with friends. The way I see it is you look at brown landscape for one day and it gets old. Not to speak of rattlesnakes. I could stay on the coast forever and be happy.

We have tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce in Earth Boxes, herbs in various places around the house- lots of lavender in the landscape along with lambsears, rosemary, pineapple sage, lemon thyme, parsley, chives, basil and dill. Strawberries in a pot which we didn't eat last year because the deer got there first. The deer seem to know just when the strawberries are red and the roses are about to open!

Also plan to add a couple of raised beds for more vegetables soon.

I would like to can tomatoes and peaches at least.

New skill - I'm learning to relax again. I took a sewing class when I was 13 and then touched on it my freshman year in high school. I did sew a cute maternity jumper in corduroy (my baby is 31, does that tell you anything?) and once made a boy ragdoll for my kids with curly hair out of yarn. This was Christmas and after all the work DS (about 4) dropped "George" into the lutefisk. All that to say I want to drag out my machine and get acquainted with some simple projects.

Okay, time for one of those cinnamon rolls .

Are you getting too much rain, or not enough? We have been in a drought for years now. We need rain!

Is it hot? Cold? Is your weather on track or unusual? The weather is a bit toasty and dry, but it is a usual weather cycle for here. I am assuming about three more dry years before the low pressure systems start hovering over AZ again bringing rain.

Are you planning a vacation this year?

No, too busy and gas is too expensive. I am taking my mom fishing at a local lake.

Gardening? Yes.

Puttering? Finishing the remodel so I can sell my house. Fixing things for mom.

Canning? If the garden and fruit trees make. Other preservation? Jellies and jams, maybe some drying. Might buy some grapes if the price is right for raisins.

What's your personal goal for learning a new skill this summer? Outdoor cooking? Sewing? Learning to relax more? I watched an excellent video on primitive skills. I want to learn how to make fire by friction. I'm also reorganizing my life to simplify, simplify, simplify and pay off debt.

We are getting outdoor work done between severe t-storms. got the garden seeds all in, the plants go in next week, Mon, weather permitting. I am cleaning out the house of any non-essentials. Going to have a yard sale and sell or give it away..... Still have to get the bathroom and den painted. New skills? no just use more of the ones I already have so I get better at it.

A piece of pizza right now will hit the spot.

Thanks Cat.