MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Meeting

Guest Guest

It's hard to explain the meeting I went to last night. I was ready for another diet plan but didn't realize it until last night. It is NOT a diet but really focuses on emotional and spiritual as well as physical. It's a 12 step program. It is realizing why we have the problems with food that many of us do. It is a recovery program. Recovering from food addiction, is the best way I can describe it. I can see why some people don't do it. I don't think I could have done this 5 yrs ago. I wasn't ready then. It is a wonderful program. It is Very Private for the ones who join. Each one of us is different. Whatever is said there is kept there. It's support, friendship and wanting to change. Wanting to help others as well. The people were so nice. It will take time I know but I am willing to go the extra mile to work this program because I want to. You take One day at a time that's it. One day. I read everything I could on it. I've ordered books from the library, too. I'm on my way and I know it! I've never dealt with it as emotional or spiritually really so this is new for me. It's worth looking into. If any of you ever want to email me for this or any other reason you're always welcome to smile.gifsuzzee2003@yahoo.com

Love,

------------------

suzzee3.jpg

[This message has been edited by suzzee (edited November 20, 2002).]

Suzee, it sounds like it could get intense. Figuring out why I live for food instead of the other way around has always been something I've wondered about. It sounds interesting, keep us posted!

------------------

dee.jpg

Ginger and Dee,

I will keep you posted. Anything I can do or maybe say to all of us to help in anyway, I will surely do it. Dee I know where you are coming from because I too, have wondered the same thingsm, at times in my own life.

------------------

suzzee3.jpg

Ok Snowmom,

You know I will. smile.gif BTW...for those of you who would like more info. I ordered the book "Overeaters Anonymous" from the library and it is so good. It begins with the story of how it came about and then is comprised of many OA members stories. It gives you a general idea of what they do. smile.gif

------------------

suzzee3.jpg