MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello everyone,, Thursday Morning

Well, as most of you know, Wednesday night in my house is BINGO game night. We had a very exciting evening. We could barely keep our mind on our games. My and dh's bingo partner (his aunt) had some very exciting news and we are still reeling. She loves playing the scratch off games from the lottery. Several family members has put her down about it saying she had a gambling problem. Well this morning, every family member who has said anything bad about her hobbie, is sitting with their mouths wide open in disbelief. She scratched one off and won $35,000.00. Can

you believe that... and believe me she really needs it.

What a night..... :clap

Well, good for her! She's lucky.

The only problem is, she's most likely spent a good chunk of it on lotteries before this.

Maybe I'll actually get something done today. I think the towels finally dried in the dryer after the outage, so I'll get the laundry going again.

*SIGH*

our state just got the lottery back in March.

Dear auntie, lives on a fixed income (she only draws about $600 a month), she is going through a divorce, and is living in a little run down 1 bedroom apartment. So she can't spend much on the scratch offs, She spends $20 a month on these (take in mind this is the only excitement she has ,other than coming to my house to play bingo). Just so happens it was her night.

So now we are going to help her find her a nice lot, and a good used mobile home to put on it. My husband done told her he would get it hooked up for her, so she will not have to spend anything on that. Then she will be set,she will not have to worry about her monthly rent.

All the poor lady has in this world is me and my dh and our kids, her niece and her dh, then her 2 dogs and 2 cats. She has had a very rough life.

Lois, what are the "sauted jalepenos and garlic" for? How much, how do you use them, etc.? I'm thinking you freeze them in "ice-cube-tray-sized" portions, for seasonings?

Inquiring minds just GOTTA know...

we saute about 3# of jalepenos with 1/2 # of bell peppers, about 3 whole garlic bulbs (more if you like) in olive oil and oregano and salt and pepper to taste. we portion them in about 1 cup containers for freezing. We eat them as a condiment with meat, spag, or whatever else like a hot condiment with. The bell peppers cool them slightly if they are super hot.