MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Herbal Safety

Guest Guest

Herbal Safety

The website has two primary purposes: To disseminate information about research findings related to herbal use in our region, as well as to provide information about the safety of herbal product use in both English and Spanish. This feature makes it one of the few bilingual websites specifically developed to disseminate non-commercial information about medicinal plants.

In the past two decades, there has been a dramatic increase in the use of herbal products in the United States. Based on research undertaken by our program, the use of diverse herbal products is even more common in the Texas-Mexico border region than in the rest of the country.

Unfortunately, some of the information currently available about medicinal plants is either misleading, or simply lacking. This is especially true of the medicinal plants from China, India or Mexico, for example, which, aside from a few exceptions, have not been studied in depth for their potential therapeutic applications.

as with any thing to do with medical ... one needs to be aware of any kind of side effect.

As for ME i have always done the herbs. DH does what the dr will give him. i go to the dr and fine out what is wrong if i don't know and then go grazing. In my life time i have only taken maybe three kinds of precibed meds, and only two over the counter.

but like i said one needs to be aware of what they take where it is herb or from the dr.