MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mare & Caveman

Linda

We had the good and the bad. The weather was stormy when we first arrived so the boats were grounded, and we didn't get to go out halibut fishing. The day after we arrived, we went crab fishing all day, and got skunked. However, Cavey provided alot of entertainment. He's got his own style of crab fishing! Hi Nana!

That's about it. It was great spending a whole week with my friend, and getting to know her new husband. We live 6 hours apart and don't get to see each other very often.

OK OK.....I shoulda known Mare would not be quiet about this......"sighs".....it all started when we decided to go crabbing from this loooong dock.....we had 3 traps and I would throw them overboard after making sure the end of the rope was secure to the dock post.....we were not having much luck so I started hauling the traps further out the dock into deeper waters and when I got to the third trap I hauled it even further down the dock and then heaved it overboard....got a sinking feeling in my gut right away as I watched the end of the rope sail into the bay with the rest of the trap....Mare goes ho ho...there goes $30