MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday, Thursday

Today's the day. I am going to start Christmas shopping. For the older two girls at least. I have a plan. I am going to get stuff to decorate their room, like new bedding, lamp, memo board and the like. Found some cute stuff online at Target, now will go see how much of it I can find in the store. Check out WalMart too. Then,if I can talk DH into it, on Christmas Eve after they are asleep I want to go in and put everything up in their room so they wake up in a whole new place. My parents did it when I was about their age. I went to sleep and woke up in a new canopy bed that I had wanted so badly. I told Hayley and Alisa about it and they thought it sounded neat. Otherwise I really don't know what else to do. Maybe I'm just crazy. Neither have asked for any toys or anything, they just keep saying I don't know. So I thought about how many times I'd watched them pour over all the old IKEA catalogs kids bedroom stuff and said why not? We've talked about doing it enough times. I might as well do it now, while they can still have a little girl's room. Meghann and PJ the little ones are easy for Christmas. PJ will probably be happy just with wrapping paper and ripping all the ornaments off the tree. Something else that needs doing!

I hope you all have a great day! Take care out in the cold weather, have some cocoa with a little peppermint. I think I'll put on some Christmas music in the car and sing away with it.

Welcome MissyTTT, good to have you.

Ann aka MOM

Oh, Busymommyto4, as a busy mom to four girls, I know how you feel. There are many days where I want to rip my hair out. We didn't sign up for it but we sure would miss it. Even when I get some quiet, I miss the sounds of their feet in the hallway, their voices coming from their room and the little tugs on my pant legs. Besides who else other than your little ones will give you a big hug and resounding welcome when all you did was step out of the room for the moment to go to the bathroom? The day that I finally get to shower alone will be a lonely one.

Just remember all us moms, are pulling for you on the good days and the bad. All for now. My three year old just peed on the floor in front of the bathroom. Guess she didn't make it in time.

Morning!

Well, OK, almost evening, LOL.

We took youngest dd to the dentist today to get her four front teeth pulled, she did soooooooo well. I told the dental assistant that, the last time she was in and had to be restrained, I swore I was going to send my husband in next time, but here I am. She said dads usually don't do as well, which really doesn't surprise me. He gets way out of sorts when she's hurting, I can't imagine him h aving to help hold her down.

We ran a few errands since we were up in the "big city." Went to Home Depot to price a battery charger for DH's drill, his died, and then to Barnes and Noble for a book I need for some research, (and I didn't even stop at the cookbooks) then to walmart to shop for DS's bday (he'll be six Monday), then to find the bail bondman's offices (DH is studying to be a Bail Enforcement Agent-have I mentioned that? Once he gets his license he'll work pro bono for local bondsmen for awhile to get experience and get established), then we had some lunch, then went to the health food store to pick up some Rescue Remedy and Eucalyptus EO.

Then back home to pick up DS from school bus and work in kitchen. Phew, am I done yet? Back to the kitchen I go!