MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

DD getting hitched

Freetobeme

Well, for the second (or is it the third) time my DD is planning her wedding. It has been called off at least once and she moved back home for awhile until her fiance went for counseling to find out why he has a control problem (as in everything has to by under his control). They now seem happy living in Reno and she is coming home in Oct. to make wedding arrangements for Feb. I'm not sure whether to be a happy mother of the bride or not. I think this has a great deal to do with the fact that she will be 28 in Dec. and is thinking of babies. Of course it's my job to be happy for her as long as she is happy.

I do hope he has learned how to not be a controller. That does not make for a happy marriage. My husband was quite a controller. I use to feel sometimes like I was his child instead of his wife. After 39 yrs. I was not a very nice person the last 5 as I was tired of not being able to do anything without his consent.

Guest Guest

Congratulations.......I think the best thing you can do for her is be on her side. Be happy when she is happy and sad when she is sad. Have fun with wedding preparations!

I hope he has learned enough about having a healthy relationship that they will be happy together. I'd be supportive and enjoy planning the wedding and encourage them to see a counsellor for prenuptiual counselling together to work out common marriage related issues before they actually tie the knot. I hope you can enjoy this time with your DD

Archived