MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Simple Saturday

redhenfarm

Good morning

It's a little cloudy this morning. All is quiet except sometimes the birds outside. It looks like our yard is decorated with stellar jays. I love their deep blue with the blackish mask and crown. My neighbor feeds them peanuts and they plant them all over the place. I find them in my raised beds and borders.

The young couple across the street are getting married today. The house they are renting is small (built in 80s but 2 bedrooms and a bathroom) so I've wondered if they have children they'll move on. The man who owns it lost his job and since jobs are hard to come by in this area (and yet we're always voting out and shouting down any new industry) he had to move away. The couple he rented to before the current ones had serious fights and the police were there a lot. I am reminding myself of a snoopy old neighbor but I think our neighborhoods were safer when there were snoopy old neighbors at home. I can still hear my old aunts when I'd stay with them as a kid "Oh, there goes Audrey out on a date. See - she's putting lipstick on outside the house so her folks won't know". They always observed these things with good humor but at least they knew their neighbors, too.

Today DH & I put up the border in the laundry room and I can hardly wait to see how it looks. I love the sunny yellow walls. Then I'll paint the rest of the trim white (doors).

Then it's clean the church day.

Don't know what's for dinner today so it might be a hamburger day. Something I never get tired of. My very favorites are right here on the grill. I take mine plain and DH puts everything on his.

I'm missing my kids this morning. It's been too long since I've seen them. We talk but that's not like setting your eyes on them.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

What are you up to as summer winds down?

Wow... what a week. Glad it is over!!! I had a migraine most of the week, but it is winding down now. I had to go down state to take my mom to two doctors appointments on Wednesday. She is doing so much better. She is walking with a cane now and they told her she can drive short distances by herself (that thrilled her), but she still can't go back to work yet, so she is a little bummed. I started classes again today (online). The class is Interpersonal Communications... online.... how personal is that

Archived