MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Movin' On

CeeGee

Things are still moving in the right direction towards our move out west. Sold our xtra car and have a date for a moving sale in October then to sell the house. It's a big undertaking but I think it'll be worth the struggles. I'm learning about selling stock photography and camping and camper vans. There's a lot to learn. All suggestions relating to camping across America and working are welcome as well as suggestions for living in a camper van for a while without hurting any one.(joke) Thanks- Miki

Good luck. I'll email this to Dadfr fl. They've been doing this in the summer for years. He will probably have suggestions. Thay have company right now so might take him a couple of days to reply. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

If you live near a WalMart, go there and buy the WalMart edition of the "Rand McNally Atlas of the United States"! They have a listing in the back of all of their stores, including the ones that allow you to camp (park) in their parking lot overnight. Think of the money you could save by parking overnight for free!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Of course saving money is dependent on NOT going into each store and spending a fortune. shocked.gif

------------------

midnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

Good luck selling your house!

As for living on the road, my parents lived in a travel trailer for a few years. Think small when packing. My mom had nothing in their trailer that wasn't a basic necessity. Every item was the smallest she could find that served it's purpose. Stick with a minimum of clothes also. One sweater, one coat, a couple pair of jeans and several shirts. It's surprising how much room everything takes!

Are you cooking on the road? A two burner coleman stove is great for that.

Pack only the essentials. Make use of the outside so you won't feel so cramped. Buy those new folding chairs with footrests and you will have a nice place to sit wherever you camp. If you have room a small card table to put with your chairs and you have an outside living room. A canopy umbrella would be a nice touch to give you shade.

What a great adventure you're going on. Sure wish I could come smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

Wow; I'm a packrat... trying to imagine 1 sweater, coat, 2 pr blue jeans... goodness! LOL.

Becca Anne has the right idea, if you have or can get an awning for the RV it will be a very nice touch. Even if it's raining you can be outside and not feel cooped up too much.

Ilove camping. Sounds like quite an undertaking you're going on here. Best of luck!

------------------

shepherd.gif

We tent camped from VA to CAlifornia. The most valuable things to me were 1.Good Water 2. a good lighter-the long nose ones. 3. we also agreed that some bug netting to sit under was a good thing. Maybe the awning suggested would be best.

I hope all goes well for you with the sale.

Have a great time with your camping out and travel. Try to keep in touch with us here during your travel too. smile.gif

MidnightMom is right about the Wal-Mart camping. When we have gone to towns where they have a Wal-Mart if it is evening, there are always campers there. smile.gif We saw 6 or 8 the last time. Not all large campers either, one was a pickup camper.

Hi there Fleefromit and welcome, come on up to the Sun Porch and introduce yourself. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif