MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunday - sittin' on the porch

redhenfarm

Been to church, DH's watching a ball game of some sort so I thought I'd come sit on the porch. The sun is out although it's cooler than where a lot of you are but let's have some iced tea and brownies. Life feels good today.

Wonder if our gals got back from the retreat things they went to?

Wonder how Unike's doing?

Wonder if MommyofSix indeed has six?

Wonder if Darlene's sewing?

Wonder if Mare is feeling better?

Wonder if Mamafitz will ever get to visit again?

Wonder how Snowmom's back is?

Wonder where MarySC is?

And on and on.

Maybe some of you will come rock on the porch with me.

My DH and I just got back from a ladies retreat also.....I can hear you all say "huh"....DH at a ladies retreat? Well a good friend of ours ministers to women who come from abusive situations and she asked my DH to come and lead worship for the retreat this week-end. We were given a suite with a jucuzi (sp),a full kitchen, and a balcony overlooking the valley. We had such a beautiful view of all of the aspens flaunting their autumn finery of gold and crimson among the blue spruce and pines. We had Friday night and most of Saturday to ourselves. It was so nice and quiet!

Now that we are back, I will come join Peaceful on the pourch and rock a spell before I have to go back to the real world. I've got a nice big piece of chocolate cake left over that I would be willing to share........

Well, I could use a spell of sittin' on the porch. I added it up and from Friday morning until now I worked about 30 hours on my remodeling projects. But the cabinets are in and the flooring is down and the tub doors are up!

I'd love something cool to drink. It's been over 100 degrees here all weekend. Our lows are still in the mid to upper 70's at night.

Now I just have to do a couple of loads of laundry and find something to eat.

Archived