MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Intro

Guest Guest

Hi! Thought I'd introduce myself. I have been lurking for a while. I'm Tiana and I live in the Ozarks on just 71/2 acres, but quite rural. I'm married to my kindred spirit and we have two sons. The older one is on his own and the younger just started college. I am experiencing empty nest syndrome big time! I home schooled both of my sons so all this free time is driving me nuts. My interests include scripture, church activities, reading, cooking & hand embroidery. I am only now starting to get into country life (we originally moved here just for the quiet)and hope to get a few chickens come spring - if I can learn enough. (-:

Welcome LadyTiana smile.gifGlad you're joining us! I live a little north of you in Iowa. I visited the Ozarks about 13 yrs ago and loved them!

I'm homeschooling my DD the 5th grade. And I'm sure when my last little one flies the nest someday I won't know what to do with myself LOL. I suppose by that time the grandbabies will start being born smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

Awesome to meet you LadyTiana!

Very pretty name!

I'm glad you came and introduced yourself cuz i was ...this close.... to telling everybody i saw a new newby hanging out in the homestead forum....looking for info on chickens!

I brought a big cheescake for evening snacking.....never too late to have a big slice of cheesecake!

A Big Welcome to MrsS! Hope you spend lots of time here now that you have a little extra.

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcUHRh9AutwpY9DM

Welcome LadyTiana. As Debbielee said it's such a pretty name.

We live on an acreage of 50 acres with another 35-40 attached to it that we also use as we wish. grin.gif It's my mother in laws creek pasture.

We had chickens for years and they're very easy to take care of. We've also had cattle, ponies, sheep, goats...well, let's just say we've had most things. If I can help you at all let me know.

I'm in Northern Iowa so a bit further from you than Becca.

Our children are grown and one their own too and the empty nest was tough the first couple of years. I didn't homeschool but I was a stay at home mom. I've gotten used to the empty nest now and, don't tell the kids, but I just love it! DH and I are enjoying doing just as we please again without hearing let's go here or there. smile.gif

Again, welcome and be sure to post often!

------------------

dee.jpg

Howdy Lady Tiana,

So nice to meet another Missourian. I'm orginally from St.Louis, but spent alot of winters in the Ozarks. I had an Uncle that owned a resort on the Lake and I have some beautiful memories of that area. I now live in Central Texas where if it gets a snow flurry it's a big deal. Welcome to the family, you'll find there are some very special people that come here. They definitely fill every void from educational, humor and lonliness. Also your gonna love DebbieLee's cheesecake. It's to die for and she is also a heck of a carpenter. She made me a great ramp for the Porch. God luv her.

I'm pretty new myself, but since these members gave me the warmest welcome, I thought I'd pay it forward!

My name is Angi, I live in Phx, AZ, have 3 kids, a dog, a turtle and 1 husband who is a chef. grin.gif

This place is pretty special, and I hope you'll like it as much as I do.

------------------

~MsAng

"Love's the only house

big enough for all the

pain in the world."

Hi and welcome to the family, not posting too much lately, it's potatoe harvesting time in NY, so I am picking stones off of the loading belts these days and for about another 5 or 6 weeks.

MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Welcome to Mrs. S. Just set down on the swing for a while. I brought some fresh veggies and dip. Since it is late I thought it best not to bring a cake. wink.gif

Hope to see you posting around the forums. smile.gif

Please visit and post in the Sewing Forum and any other Forum that is of interest to you. I am Mod at the Sewing Forum as well as in the Family Album. I am very much into Genealogy. I also C0- Mod with Goosie in the Gym Forum.

My DH, Old Pine and I have 3 adult children and 7 grandchildren. If you read some of the earlier posts, you will see that we just had two of the grandsons for 20 days. I am still recovering from that. smile.gif We did enjoy them but they needed to go home. smile.gif

We have 2 dogs too who think they are people. We have had chickens and goats in years past. We live in the country on about 9 acres and another 10 next door was Old Pine's Parents so we have that too.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

You are ok, Birgie, we all have days like that. smile.gif

I did forget to mention that my parents lived in MO for a while, but that was before I was ever though of. wink.gif

I have been through MO several times. We have two kids in TX. so go through a part of MO most of the times we go down there.

It is morning now, so will bring those muffins and pan cakes with lots of syrup. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hi Lady Tiana, glad to have you with us. I have 2 children that are now out of the house. Though DS keeps showing up at not so good times. Then he surprises me with great help this weekend at our cabin. That boy is hard to figure out. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Thank you everyone for the friendly welcomes! I am enjoying this site so much.

<>

LOL yep, I know what you mean. My youngest can be so mature and helpful one moment and a pain in the neck the next, but mostly I am so very thankful that both he and his older brother are basically good young men. It seems so sad because I have friends who have had such trouble with their kids and I haven't. It don't really think I was any better as a mother, so I sometimes wonder why.

Hi Lady Tiana,

I'm pretty new also, but it's a lot of fun. I'm 45 and my husband and I are preparing to go on the road in a camper van for a while. Big change from having a house and businesses. We also have a Mini schnauzer who is like our child and of course will come with us. Perhaps we'll be in your area some day.

Miki

Welcome LadyTiana. I think I've met you posting somewhere else in the forum... but I don't get here everyday and wanted to make sure I welcomed you properly, LOL.

Glad you joined this forum. Great people here.

------------------

shepherd.gif