MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happygirl

Freetobeme

(((((Goatherder))))) Thanks for asking. We just found out that she is going to have to stay for at least 8 more weeks. This comes down hard on all of us, as my hubby and I love her dearly but are ready to get back to our normal life. And of course, she is dying to get back home.

They will be doing a lumpectomy (sp?) on Oct. 31st, and then there will be a two week period of recuperation. Then they will do a five week treatment with radiation, so that will put as at right about Christmas time. My hubby thinks this will go beyond Christmas, so I guess we'll have to see.

Thanks again for asking. Your prayers are much appreciated!

I can sympathize with the getting back to normal. I've been dealing with my mom's health issues for some time now. At this point (and thank goodness it's just me and not a hubby and kids) I will be consolidating households with her. I feel very motivated to spend as much time with her as possible at this stage in our lives. I want to make some memories. We didn't do that nearly enough due to a lot of things. This will be our last chance.

Archived