MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Police to protect docs UK

Freetobeme

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25149-1853843,00.html

I didn't include the whole article.

Flu doctors to be given police guards

By Stewart Tendler

Forces will protect GP surgeries from crowds seeking drugs and prevent panic if Tube is shut

POLICE guards will be placed on doctors’ surgeries and NHS clinics in the event of a flu pandemic to stop panicking crowds from trying to get their hands on antiviral drugs.

Under new contingency plans, officers will also be deployed to patrol “quarantine zones” to prevent the spread of flu infections from urban hot spots. Other units will be on standby to prevent disorder if large public events, such as football matches and concerts, have to be cancelled at short notice, or mass transport systems are shut down.

The plans are outlined in a report drawn up by a senior planner for the Metropolitan Police Authority. Other forces throughout the United Kingdom have also been told to prepare for the possibility of a pandemic in the next few years.

I agree that protection will probably be needed... Rioting is becoming more and more common, and if TSHTF then certainly the doctors, and med clinics, and anyone else perceived as having more will be in jeopardy....I have a concealed weapon permit, and a nice lil handgun, and I am thankful to God for it, because it gives me a little bit of protection in such an uncertain world. I suggest to any one who doesn't have personal protection of this kind, to consider the benefits, and look into taking a firearms class if they need to. Look at NO after Katrina, the innocent and helpless were subjected to the bandits and theives and rapists, that roamed the streets after dark. As said in another post, having plenty of ammo, sufficient fire power can help save your life and the lives or your family, but only if you have them and are prepared!

Its getting to be a very important reason to prep. It is surprising how long this rioting goes on, I would think that type of disorder could easily be put down. The long arm of the law,needs to have a heavier hand.

Archived