MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Friendship Friday

Freetobeme

Good morning friends

It has been cold here at night, too. The cat hasn't tried to get under the covers yet but she sleeps at the foot of the bed on my bathrobe. She has a routine: jump up on the bed, choose her spot, knead for about 5 minutes, curl up and go to sleep.

We have our pickup advertised for sale and a fellow is coming quite a distance to see it, probably buy it. It was great fun to take on the beach but beyond that 17 mpg doesn't work for us. Anyway, we're excited it has had so much interest in just two days. If this one doesn't want it, another guy right here wants to see it.

Beyond that I'm working on the ornament exchange and working on decluttering so it isn't a mad dash when the kids come down for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

Goatherder: Cats really don't like dog food, do they? But dogs are glad to eat cat food usually.

Today I ordered Brio and Beyond magazine (it's a Christian teen magazine) for my soon to be 17 niece. She has not been raised to be a modest young woman and lives to read such things as Seventeen and Cosmo Girl. I wanted to give her the chance to see another side of being a young woman. What do you think???

I used to read Brio (they must have added the Beyond part since then). I liked it, but then I grew up with all the Focus On the Family magazines (Clubhouse, etc). It is different from Seventeen, etc. I hope she likes it too!

~Jo

Goatherder: Those should be good options for your neice.

Becca: Snow-capped mountains are so beautiful. It poured and hailed and thundered here today so if there was any snow we couldn't see it.

Good news: we sold the pickup. Now the search will start for another car.

Peaceful - congratulations on selling the truck and good luck on finding a car.

I only have one room left to put down baseboards in and that's the room occupied by my son's friend. I guess tomorrow he will have to move aside long enough for that job! It feels so good to see the end of my project coming. I'm hoping that the first person who looks at this house wants to buy it for a good price. Winter is approaching in the high country and I want to move back to take care of things for my mom. I also think my niece would benefit from me being there.

Tonight I made sure the poor cats got cat food instead of dog food!

I bought some Bavarian style sauerkraut and had some for dinner. It was soooo good. (It's the kind with caraway seeds in it.)

Have a good night everyone.

Archived