MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Crispy Monday Morning

logcabinmama

Good Monday Morning to everyone.

It looks like its going to be another hot day here.

Will be going over to mom's later on. My stepdad's brother passed away.

Yesterday, I was at Michael's and guess what, my name was drawned and I won a Knifty Knitter!! Now all I need to do is learn how to knit with it

Texmex

good morning all! i walked sapphire to school today and it is indeed, a very crisp morning. the snow on the mountain tops is getting lower and lower. the deciduous trees on the mountain side are getting darker and darker, and i cant even see the foot of the mountain for all the low lying clouds. my big ugly brown van is white with frost and the sun is tickleing the tree tops. thankfully the whistleing monkeys and marble sized hail did not do any damage that i have seen. anytime there is a strong wind or hail, or torrential rain i always think "what if this gets worse, what would/could i do with what i have now?" of course, i open the fridge to look at my painfully empty refridgerator and empty freezer and i worry. payday is tuesday so i can fill it up again.

my to do list for today includes

unpacking a few boxes, putting up the things that need to be screwed nto the walls, and of course, cooking. :P oh yeah...getting rid of the clutter that my hasband left on the floor(and i told him to put it away too! grr) silly man thinks tht he does not have to do any housework at all because he works full time and he thinks i dont work full time. well, i have to go start my day. i have a friend coming over after lunch.

have a good day!

If I had left a window ajar today, I would have heard the whistling monkeys. We have really good windows! (despite the ongoing lawsuit between the condo association and the window installers). It is icy cold, with little frigid snowflakes being mercilessly hurled about by the wind. It is supposed to go down to -17C tonight (i think that's less than 30F, 'cause -5C is 40F, right?)

I had a really great sleep last night, and I didn't sleep too late! I'm nearly done the top of the shaggy denim quilt I'm making. I was in the basement sewing it together, and DH came downstairs. He just stood around with a really uncomfortable look on his face for about 10 minutes until I told him to go away. I said "you look like you're criticising me. I know what you're thinking anyway, and I did it on purpose!" He was trying to find a way--without making me cry--to tell me that I sewed all the seams backwards ...so sweet! Then he did go away, to school, and I continued on sewing backward seams. I've got it all put together now, I'm just trimming the excess. Once I had access to the car, I went grocery shopping, and stocked up on a few things. DH now thinks I'm crazy! (yes, I did buy 10 cans of frozen juice, but it's hardly ever on sale!) I saved 17% of my bill by buying on sale. I just wish Sobeys or Superstore had Airmiles, because I don't like Safeway. They are very brand-biased (only 1 brand of bleach, other than store brand!), and generally more expensive without the sales.

Then I came to work! If it's slow tonight (it will be, I'm "extra" today), I'll continue working on my part of the manual.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

~Joanna

Archived