MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

freezing friday

Kygal

our heaters do not work. they are electric so i have no idea why they wont, so today, to warm the house i am baking and doing laundry. only problem is, we donot have very much laundry. the babys hands are very cold so i have her bundled up near a space heater, watching a movie called castle in the sky. i am about to make chocolate chip cookies, then oatmeal chocolate ship cookies, then after that i will make ginger snaps. my 3 most favorite cookies ever. but i make oatmeal cookies differentlyh, i should post that in the kitchen. hee hee

morrigan is getting frustrated,she gets on her hands and knees and wants to crawl, but she gets her legs going, but wont move her arms, then she cries when she does a face-plant. lol itys so cute! i wouldn't be surprised if she just skipped the crawling and went straight for walking. she is already trying to pull herself to standing on things. its just getting to the things that wont fall over when she puts her weight on them. lol

pat took saphire to school, but he took the van becauswe he does not want to walk ONE BLOCK out of the way. MEN! now i cannot do my grocery shopping because he has the van. MEN! lol well, morrigan is calling me, as are the cookies and house work. in that order. lol have a warm day everyone!!

Oh, Pixie! Did you call the landlord about the heat not working? Hard enough for adults to endure let alone babies. Hope it's fixed soon. Maybe the circuit breaker for the heaters was triggered?

It's a beautiful day here. My youngest son emailed last night that he is coming today but he's not here yet.

DH went to get his flu shot and I wondered why it took him so long - sure he was in a terribly long line. Well, no big line - he went to play some golf.

One guest room is ready and now there's some surplus sitting in the family room. I still wish someone would invent a house stretcher to get me more room.

I'm making cranberry orange nut bread this afternoon.

I'll bet everyone's busy getting ready for the holiday.

Pixie, maybe the cold will kill the fleas? Your landlady needs a smack! Read her the riot act, or at least the landlord and tennant act! If she doesn't get something done, write a letter to the editor complaining about it...she's running for mayor, that should get some action!

This morning, the howling monkeys woke me up at 4am. The wind was blowing so hard, that it opened up someone's recycling bag, and scattered everything all over our front lawn. So now our yard looks trashy, while everyone else's is fine! It's not even our recycling! At least it wasn't the garbage.

I made banana bread today for the first time. I've used that recipe to make muffins, but never an entire loaf. It was still in the oven when I left for work, so I hope Kev doesn't let it burn! I also left some laundry for him to finish, and he has to put the sheets back on the bed! I'm trying to convince him that he wants me to stay home and have babies, but so far, it's not working.

Have a good day everyone!

~Jo

Archived