MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Deck the halls it's Thursday, DECEMBER 1st

cartoongirl

Yay!

I got my cookbook this morning!!!! There sure are alot of wonderfuld dessert recipes in it. The shipping almost sent me through the roof! Thank you soooo much again Darlene!

It's very cold here today. Getting my grocery list ready for tomorrow. Must get some ingrediants to make a cake from my new cookbook.

It's also Christmas decorating day for me....I'm going to do a little, otherwise I will end up with a mess.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Sounds exciting. I love new recipes and collecting cookbooks. I try to get them as old as I can from yard sales, flea markets, church bazaars - great resources and fun. I like to see how the methods and ingredients change.

Also, its tradition in our family to decorate the day after Thanksgiving (not a moment before!). That way I have all weekend to put it together.

Enjoy your new book!

I am so behind.

I need to make my menues and grocery list, tidy the house,

defrost some ground turkey.....

This morning my MIL called and wanted to know what the

kids wanted for Christmas. I was brain dead. She goes

this is not like you. You always have a list ready

for each family member telling what each child wants.

I told her I was working on some really big clean up

projects and I just never got around to it. I hope I

told her all the right stuff.

I could use a good chocolate cake right now.

i got my christmas decorations up. both of them. LOL all i have is one 3 foot tree, and a string of lights that is too long to be practical, so i have the lights go around the window, down the side around the tree, then it continues around the window. lol thats a lot of lights. ui used to have another string of lights, but i go mad after 2 hours un TRYING to untangle, i gave up and tossed them,.

i made cupcakes and put green frosting on them, and got a cake decorating gel pen, and drew christmas pictures on them, and stuck leftover halloween candies on them too. gummi berries for holly beries, and a fussy peach for a star on a little christmas tree. hee hee it was lots of fun.

tomorrow i want to make more ginger snaps. i bought christmas tins to give out baked things, and i jsut remembered that i have to make muffins too. banana chocolate chip. yum yum!

Got up early and took the kids to school, then went to work and picked up my paycheck, went to bank...then paid my cable, phone, rent, had to get car tags renewed, then had to go fill up the car... When I got all this done it was time to go pick the kids up...started dinner, and then ran back up to wally world to pick up some bread and milk, and things to start my potato salad and dressing for the christmas dinner at work... and Now I am totally worn out...

started to get my christmas tree up,, did get it out of the attic.. that was a big effort....LOL

Will get up in the morning, and fold and put away all my laundry before having to go to work....

Nothing exciting.. except they are saying we may possibly get up to 3 inches of snow this weekend... really hoping.....

Archived